How do i disable ASC?

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Thread mine, but I tried this today, pulled the engine bay ABS fuse on my PFL auto legnum.
(tried pulling the cabin one too but it gave me 3 AYC bars constantly as well, figure it must be for the steering input, left it in)

Result: SOOO much better when peeling out while turning from a stop, no more horrible power cut or front brake noises.

Pulling it causes the ABS and TCL-Off lights to come on, and the ASC light to flash, but AYC seems unaffected.

Reconnecting it with the car going seems to leave everything disabled till you restart the car, but no new diagnostic codes are lingering.

Since TCL goes anyway, I'm thinking I will try wiring a relay to the fuse box then to the TCL switch (or another in its location) Maybe Re-label it 'Sports' or something like a modern car.

*Can anyone tell me what the purpose of the lego block style fuses are? Do they tolerate their current limit for longer in case of spikes or something?
If adding a fuse inline instead of in the holder, does it need to be block style still or will a little blade type with the same amp rating be okay?

G

Unregistered
WAIT PRETZIL!!
When you pull the fuse, all 3 lights come on, does the ABS light only come on when you hit about 55km/h the first time?

I have had TCL OFF and Flashing ASC light, and ABS light for over a year haha. tried heaps of things to fix it. If it's not too much trouble could you pull the fuse again and tell me what error code it shoes if you run codes?
Maybe I need a new ABS fuse? my error coed is "ABS pressure sensor circuit sytem error" or something similar.

vr4cobra

1 AYC Bar
First Name
T-J
Drive
1996 Galant VR4
Mitch have u checked ur relay before and tried swapping the fuse with a new one? I think the abs light comes on at speed I think over 30-40km/h but havn't really taken much notice exactly when I pull the relay out.

Its amazing how much better the car feels when I pull mine out, well the relay :p I have to when ever I do some "spirited driving" or my front breaks activate and cause my clutch to start slipping lol pull out the other relay the ASC light doesn't flash, I have only really taken the tcu relay out and asc relay not the fuses.

G

Unregistered
What fuses and relays exactly have you guys removed? if you can get me a photo I will check mine and see if replacing them helps :)

G

Unregistered
Yes I have those, I chased spares for ages and never found any :(

Sent from the fires of Mt Doom

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
I know the fuse in the engine bay is rated at 60A, but how long do you think it actually runs at that?

Do I actually need to use 60A rated wire to connect the relay or would something thinner be alright since it is unlikely to run at that for any extended length of time, and if it actually shorts out the fuse (which I will add in-line) will pop anyway.
What is the lowest rated wire I could get away with...

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
WAIT PRETZIL!!
When you pull the fuse, all 3 lights come on, does the ABS light only come on when you hit about 55km/h the first time?

When I pull the cabin fuse, the ABS, AYC Error and AYC Bars and TCL lights all come on, no ASC light though, and nothing changes through to 80kph when I tried it.

Top Bottom