Insurance: What company, and how much?

AUSVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
'00 Mitsubishi Legnum
I thought I'd revive this after just getting my renewal

Just Cars are now charging us a $500 vehicle specific excess because the Legnum and Galant are now considered performance vehicles. On top of the $450 standard excess and my $500 ad-just excess I now have a total excess of $1450 - but it's okay apparently because they've decreased my premium by $65.

To keep the same excess that I've had the last 3 years will result in me paying $102 more than last year

With that, do we have any new options (national or SA based) for cover?

(Edited after getting off the phone to Just Cars)

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
Last year I paid under $600 for Enthusiast, driving max 2 days per week and garaged valued at $14k with glass/windscreen covered. They sent me the renewal and it has gone up to $620. Now after moving back to Melbourne and with daily driving my quote is $1100. No accident, license loss, infringement or damage history and I'm 28. I've been looking to compare now since I'm not happy with my cost doubling, however I'm presented with the following grim options:

Just cars:
- $1800 premium
- $8,500 market value
- $625 + $600 excess

Shannons:
- $2150 premium
- $14,000 agreed value
- $550 excess
- Windscreen / glass cover

RACV
- $1500 premium
- $625 + $400 excess
- Not sure what value the car would be covered for, probably $5k or something stupid

BEEJAY

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Ben
Drive
02 Legnum vr4
I'm with Shannon's for the first time this year 02 legnum 30 yr old never claimed and locked in garage with alarm is $1200 a yr, $550 excess with glass cover and any repairer I nominate.

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
When you call Shannons for a quote, do it at around 6pm so that you get a staff member from the perth office. Apparantly they are more relaxed over there and give better rates.
(my 00 legnum is $16k agreed value and about $1400 a year. Excess is $500 i think).

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
When you call Shannons for a quote, do it at around 6pm so that you get a staff member from the perth office. Apparantly they are more relaxed over there and give better rates.

I did speak with someone from the Perth office and got offered $2150.

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Thats odd. I wonder why it is so much more than everyone else here who is with shannons.
I reckon stick with the $1100 for your current insurance. Thats a pretty good deal, you wont get better than that!

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
I went with Shannons this year as my wife finally turned 25 so they will now insure her (previously with Just Car).
The bits that convinced me to swap over even though Shannons was $130 more expensive, was that I get free choice of repairer and 1 free window (any window).
I like the free choice of repairer as I have been badly burnt before.
$1276 premium, $500 excess. Can't remember what the value was on the car...

AUSVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
'00 Mitsubishi Legnum
Hmm reading this I think despite the new excess I might stick with Just Cars and pay the renewal price of $720

AUSVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
'00 Mitsubishi Legnum
Scratch that looks like I'll give Enthusiast a go. $630 with windscreen replacement, keep my rating 1 and $500 excess

Just Cars you priced yourself out the game my friends

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
Is that listed as a daily drive / commute to work with Enthusiast? Great price.

Top Bottom