Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Shannons for me.

29 yo, garaged day and night, $15k value, listing all mods (as per link in sig) came to $980 per year, plus my excess is only $300.

Just cars gave me the same annual price but their PDS basically outlines their payout can be market value if they choose (avoid like the plauge!!, $8k payout if your lucky) and THEIR choice of repairer, I dont think so!

snitz

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Jason
Drive
Toyota Cressida,GK Scorpion,VP Calais..2000 Legnum type S and a Rota project in the shed.
Shannons insured my '00 legnum...all mods listed.Im 35 years old..Agreed value of $19,000 and premium of $790/year. A mate of mine works for Shannons at Edwardstown..(Fellow rotor head:cool:).

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Jason is that limited use policy or daily driver policy?

My mate also works there (and is on here) but couldn't do me better than 980 :(

snitz

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Jason
Drive
Toyota Cressida,GK Scorpion,VP Calais..2000 Legnum type S and a Rota project in the shed.
Jason is that limited use policy or daily driver policy?

My mate also works there (and is on here) but couldn't do me better than 980 :(

Na..thats a daily driver policy for myself and my wifes on the policy aswell.

snitz

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Jason
Drive
Regular use it says on the policy.

mchieff

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dennis
Drive
Legnum
NRMA, 15K agreed value, ~$750per year, youngest named driver is 27yo, max no-claim, no garage, daily driven.
Selectable on their online form.
I did choose the enormous 2K excess though (if you can't back your own driving who can you back!)
Will do some investigationing into the PDS for scary things...

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
I really need to enclose my carport at the rear because Shannons won't touch me
The place i am moving to doesnt have an enclosed garage. And it never will either because of strata. This could be a ballbreaker. It might help that I've been with Shannons for 6+ years and never claimed.

AUSVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
'00 Mitsubishi Legnum
The place i am moving to doesnt have an enclosed garage. And it never will either because of strata. This could be a ballbreaker. It might help that I've been with Shannons for 6+ years and never claimed.

Sorry Simon but they won't touch you now I'm afraid. I had a long chat with them when I did a quote 12 months ago. They seem to think that a car is less secure because someone can jump your back fence and steal the car - when in today's reality if someone wants your car they have no issues with breaking in and stealing your keys.

MackTheKnife

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul Mc
Drive
'90 MX5 and '01 LR Freelander V6 Softback
NRMA, 15K agreed value, ~$750per year, youngest named driver is 27yo, max no-claim, no garage, daily driven.
Selectable on their online form.
I did choose the enormous 2K excess though (if you can't back your own driving who can you back!)
Will do some investigationing into the PDS for scary things...

I tried them but they're saying the max agreed value is $9,850.

AUSVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
'00 Mitsubishi Legnum
An update for the SA guys:

SGIC (the SA version of NRMA) will cover a "Mitsubishi Galant Sedan, 2001, 4WD IMP 2.5L TP" or "Mitsubishi Galant Station wagon, 2000, 4WD IMP 2.5L TP".
Their typical agreed value is a dismal $5700 but it can be adjusted up to $9690. For an over 25 male it's roughly $1200.

Virgin Car Insurance have a Legnum listed down, however after going through their system (over 25, rating 1, no accident history, no finance) I'm not eligible.

AUSVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
'00 Mitsubishi Legnum
True but only if you have a full lock-up garage unfortunately. We're only secure on 3 sides so can't get cover. It's looking like Justcars is the only option.

G

Unregistered
Guys:

Shannons will now insure certain vehicles on their system (legnums/galants are one of them) without the need for a garage...AS LONG AS ITS NOT KEPT ON THE STREET AND THE AGREED VALUE IS UNDER $20K.

G

Unregistered
I know this because I used to work for them and they have ammended some of the their guidelines. If you get someone on the phone that says otherwise, tell them to learn the new rules and refer it to a team leader!

*edit - if you want to know what other cars, then just ask.

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
Guys:

Shannons will now insure certain vehicles on their system (legnums/galants are one of them) without the need for a garage...AS LONG AS ITS NOT KEPT ON THE STREET AND THE AGREED VALUE IS UNDER $20K.

Do our cars come under the "certain cars"?

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
Well, it is small and hard to read Steve ;)

PS I've got my Leggy agreed for $16k, though I'm damn sure I asked for $19k which is what I paid for it, might have to check the policy out soon.

JUSTCRUZN

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
michael
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
im with just car agreed value $18200 with dvd player, coilovers, intercooler, exhaust all extras coverd. Only $1085 for a year and im only 21 years old, not in an inclosed garage either. With standard excess of $400 + $650 cause im 21 but in sept ill be 22 so it will then go down to $550 for the +extra

Top Bottom