Inter cooler spray

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
I was actually looking to use 380 washer jets as they are spray pattern. But high flow. Certainly don't mist. Lol. But I may go down ur path as a mist is what I'm after not a flood.

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Hmmm, might try that bunnings one, I bought a ciggy socket adjustable voltage laptop charger off eBay this week. Followed an autospeed diy and bulked up the current carrying circuitry and wires.

Tried it with a windscreen jet sprayer motor, it fucking roared on 24 volts lol.

uzz320

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Martin
Drive
99 Legnum
They produce a beautiful mist, probably not quite as fine as the huge sparying systems ones, but certainly much much better than windscreen nozzles. If these were used to wash a windscreen it would never actually get wet because all of the water would evaporate before it got there - you only have to look at their intended purpose to see that they are designed to have the water evaporate. Like the over volting idea - not sure how long the pump will last though. In my application, the pump runs for 5 minutes at a time so it would probably die - hence the SAAB pump. Bet it makes a hell of a noise!

By my rough calculations, three nozzles should be able to drop about 20 degrees Celsius for 10 seconds of runtime from the IC core itself (assuming a 5.5kg core and full evaporation energy coming from core).

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Lol, 5 mins at a time??? Thats a bit excessive! How big is your water reservoir?
Optimal spraying is for seconds at a time while on boost and just after.

uzz320

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Martin
Drive
99 Legnum
Lol, 5 mins at a time??? Thats a bit excessive! How big is your water reservoir?
Optimal spraying is for seconds at a time while on boost and just after.
I'm not spraying an intercooler :)

And its 4L. I have 2 nozzles so thats enough for around 25 minutes of use

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Well the voltage booster can be set between 16 and 24V, if noise is anything to go by, even 16V is an improvement, although the inertia at 24V makes the pump jump up off the desk when it comes on lol

Top Bottom