June/July Meet & Cruise Ideas

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
This thread seems to have gotten whacked with the server changeover. So here we go again;

This state has been far too quiet lately, so I'd like to hear from you all in the Sydney to Newcastle areas as to ideas for a combined meet &/or cruise. We have a fair few members up in Newcastle, & add the Sydneysiders, we should be able to get a good turnout & become the #1 state again!

So let's hear what you've got.

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
I have no ideas but i'm in when its organised

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
Im still the current Event co-ordinator at my old haunting- Fordlaser.com

im still active on that forums, but NSW seem to have the same problem on every forum..
either you organise a cruise and no-one shows, or no one is interested.
the plan for the next FL.com cruise was going to be 'invite only' to the more dedicated/senior members

im hoping to plan one around the same time(along with some car-enthusiast mates from work, and a few biker mates)
so i was wondering if you guys would be interested in doing a combined cruise?
FL.com normally try cruise with AstinaGT, who tend to invite AusStarlet, and both are a good bunch to cruise with, and one of my mates is in FTOAus, so he'd also invite them..

Here are some of the cruises ive organised in the past with Fordlaser.com

Windsor->Putty Rd-> Newcastle(for a wicked all you can eat lunch at Maitland RSL) then return via Old Pacific Highway..
beautiful run, but it's a full day drive (close to 7 hours including stops)
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Windsor+New+South+Wales&daddr=Putty+Rd,+New+South+Wales+to:Mount+sugarloaf,+wallsend+to:Sydney+Newcastle+Fwy+to:-33.2516,151.40469+to:-33.39868,151.34609+to:-33.4347,151.30198+to:-33.44209,151.25852+to:-33.4910368,151.1870522+to:-33.56025,151.18955+to:hornsby&geocode=FZIr__0dyUr9CCm1B4oQZGINazEl8FksprKrRw%3BFVo4B_4dvaT7CCl_tg5vQhkNazHPwxUq5q8mPg%3BFRkfCv4diEkICSnrLlWnkjlzazETvwpcIxG-ww%3BFRAaBf4d8sYGCQ%3BFfCeBP4dkkAGCSnnPAxvOtJyazF7difop7C-FQ%3BFWhgAv4dqlsFCSlzZlSO3MpyazHAy-icSJcQVg%3BFbTTAf4dXK8ECSn3oGUhlkoNazE-o8PqAuKYXg%3BFda2Af4dmAUECSnHvWZPSEoNazECIywkM4vVYA%3BFaT3AP4dbO4CCSlltVl9IE8NazFo-KxYBSiXrA%3BFUbp__0dLvgCCSlHxeRf1FENazHzndscOwUKGA%3BFdS0_f0dSJUBCSnpvhJEh6cSazFmvALIBHE_dg&hl=en&mra=dpe&mrcr=3&mrsp=6&sz=12&via=4,5,6,7,8,9&sll=-33.452928,151.316757&sspn=0.134057,0.338173&ie=UTF8&ll=-33.687782,151.190414&spn=0.133693,0.338173&t=h&z=12

Thornleigh to Gosford via Old Pacific
we normally do this as a late arvo/night run as theres a great pizza place in Gosford a few of the Coast guys are keen on

Liverpoo-> Woolongong-> Robertson Pie Shop via National Park and Macquarie pass
http://tinyurl.com/23nzoyt

Liverpool-> Palm Beach via Ku-Ring-Gai Nationa Park and Akuna Bay
again, we like doing this as a night run... you might want to wind your coilovers up a little bit though

sn00ze

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
zach
Drive
N15DET
yeh same im keen june/july too cameron im easy going as well happy to buddy up with the other forums for a joint cruise ( liverpool-wollongong and robertson pie shop sounds epic) also keen for thornleigh to gossy

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
I'm going to cross out the run to Palm Beach, as we did that on our Christmas cruise just last December. Before anyone gets in too, I'm going to cross out a run over the Blue Mountains either by the Gt Western Hwy or Bells Line of Rd. They're just too boring & you're normally stuck in traffic.

Others sound promising though.

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
How about a meet st settler's arms in st. alburn? its kinda halfway from here and Syd and then we can go on a short cruise on the roads there..

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
How about a meet st settler's arms in st. alburn? its kinda halfway from here and Syd and then we can go on a short cruise on the roads there..

Dude seriously, I'm going to bring a street directory & give it to you at the meet. It's St Albans!! lol hehe
I'd like for us to meet at the beginning, then cruise together. Having it at St Albans pretty much means the Sydney & Newcastle gang cruise separately there, meet, then cruise separately back again.

I am kind of looking at this being nearly an all dayer too, because of our distances. I'm prepared for an early start though, & I'll overdose on gastrostop to block the bowels too, but I will be in need of pitstops on the way lol (injoke for the regulars)

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
yeh same im keen june/july too cameron im easy going as well happy to buddy up with the other forums for a joint cruise ( liverpool-wollongong and robertson pie shop sounds epic) also keen for thornleigh to gossy

It is a really good drive, provided you dont get stuck behind slowpokes going up the 'Pass
one of my favourites to be honest.

Few of the Fordlaser.com guys are keen to have one around the same time, so ill throw up an EOI over there tomorrow morning and see which route they wanna do, along with getting OZVR4's opinions and go with the majority, then we can start planning it..

i'll just add quickly that St Albans is only an hour and a bit away from me at windsor, and while its a good cruise, and theres a nice big cricket field in Wisemans they let us take photos on infront of the river, its only a very short cruise.

For the Newcastle guys, i think the Putty/Old Pac cruise is the better of the suggested ones.
the Sydeny kids can cruise up either the Old Pac or Putty, we can meet up just before we stop for a feed somewhere, then we can head to Newy foreshore or something for a while then the Newcastlers can do the return trip with us(the opposite to the way we came up)

sn00ze

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
zach
Drive
N15DET
yeh im easy. as long as theres no 7 hour drive..im keen for a cruise not a roadtrip..dont wanna get out of the car not being ale to feel my ass lol. but apart from that im easy, would be great to meet some faces of ozvr4 and also some like minded modifiers from fordlaser or other forums :)

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
thats the problem though, all the better drives are alot longer...
the Robertson run is a great one, but you gotta consider that the Newy guys have a 3 or 4 hour drive here just to cruise for another 2 or 3 hours, then they have to head back!
some of the FL.com guys from the central coast (gosford/wyong) end up with 10 hours of driving on a cruise that would only take a Sydneysider 6 hours...
so you gotta be fair to them aswell..

thats why the Putty/Old Pac is a great run as we are all travelling roughly the same difference, but as i said. it can get up to 7 hours by the time we stop for food, re-groups and photos

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
A run to St Albans is looking like the top runner at the moment. I know we've done a cruise to there before, but I wasn't part of it, & it was a fair while ago now.

Perhaps, we all meet at Thornleigh Maccas first. Then run through Galston Gorge & on up to Wisemans Ferry. Hop on over the Hawkesbury, then continue up to St Albans at The Settlers for lunch?

Then the Sydney boys can head back their way, & Newie crew can head back on their own way & we split from there?

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
That was the very first cruise i did with FL.com, and i organised it! (i took the route out of my 'Drivers For Learners' handbook)
not the exact one you're suggesting, but it was similar..

how about this?:

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=d&...194,151.047592&spn=0.267372,0.676346&t=h&z=11

Sydneysiders can head back as on the map, and Newcastle guys can head home by continuing up Wollombi Road?

Ive also posted the EOI thread on FL.com
weve agreed that the actual route and date will be decided by FL.com and OzVR4, then the exact info can be passed on to other clubs if they wish to come along.
(not easy trying to organise a cruise around what 4 different clubs want.. 2 should be easy to set a date and route and stick with it)

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Well the FL.com guys are liking a St Albans run too..
however if possible, most of the guys would prefer the crruise in the last 2 weeks of June, as a few of them are heading away/taking the car off the road for work in July, as well as a few of the QLD guys will be down here with their cars
so if i suggest
Saturday 18th
Sunday 19th
Saturday 28th
Sunday 29th June
do those dates fly with you guys?

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
What if Sydney goes via Thornleigh and Old Pac up to Peats Ridge, the Newy folk meet at Peats Ridge, then you do Wisemans Ferry Rd back down to Wisemans Ferry and up to St Albans?

Then the Newy guys can continue up through the other link that was sent earlier and the Sydney boys back through Old Northern Road, or back the way they went.

Just an idea.
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=d&...247,151.699219&spn=0.974518,2.113495&t=h&z=10

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
i like it!

well, lets decide a date first.. then we can work out the finer points of the route.. as a start, we already know where we want to go..

so if you guys want to add a Poll to this thread with the above dates? ill do the same on FL.com and combine the 2 results

Top Bottom