KKR 280 turbo upgrade on the 6A13

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
Looking forward to doing just that ^^^

Am about to email this dude at NZ ralliart to get prices and input.

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
TCL is actually switched off, thats the light you're seeing. Since the Haltech install its always off whether I like it or not.

User Name

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Tom
Drive
VR4
Kkr Turbos $1k
All Hard Piping and cooler $2.5k?
Injectors $500-700
Ecu: $2k plus tuning time

You will need a few other things done before all this though like full exhaust, fuel pump, decent plugs, BOV, better brake pads and good suspension.

The trick is to do all the metal work all in one go, you will save bigtime there. So do exhaust, dumps, front pipe, cooler pipes, intake pipe, turbo piping (and associated mods like oil filter relocation) all in one go from one place.

did you buy injectors? the dyno sheets say you're running stock injectors at 90% duty cycle.

and what was labour cost? no point telling us its $6k in parts if labour was another $6k....

eddyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddy
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S, 2007 Kawasaki ZX14
the way the needle runs around the speedo dial there, thats getting into a similar realm there to my ZZR1100, which even these days is quite brutal in a straight line....

even if you end up with a hole below 3500, if youve picked up 1500 rpm of usable power at the top end, (which you have, stock setup pretty useless over 5200rpm) you still have a similar 'breadth' of powerband, so as long as the engines happy to rev up there, i cant see why you shouldnt still have something quite streetable, once you adjust to running it with a little more revs.

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
did you buy injectors? the dyno sheets say you're running stock injectors at 90% duty cycle.

and what was labour cost? no point telling us its $6k in parts if labour was another $6k....

Was using sard 650cc, what the dyno says there was incorrect.

If u read a few posts up I explain about the labour bit and how many hours etc, it's gonna be unique for every application, depending on how much you do, your mechanic does, how much he charges etc...

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
the way the needle runs around the speedo dial there, thats getting into a similar realm there to my ZZR1100, which even these days is quite brutal in a straight line....

even if you end up with a hole below 3500, if youve picked up 1500 rpm of usable power at the top end, (which you have, stock setup pretty useless over 5200rpm) you still have a similar 'breadth' of powerband, so as long as the engines happy to rev up there, i cant see why you shouldnt still have something quite streetable, once you adjust to running it with a little more revs.

Yeah the top end is good fun now, bottom end is too, just can't push it between shifts. I think what u say about the powerband is true, it revs and holds boost all the way to redline, so in a sense it's just shifted up a bit now, but at the same time gained quite a few hp...

G

Unregistered
Was using sard 650cc, what the dyno says there was incorrect.

If u read a few posts up I explain about the labour bit and how many hours etc, it's gonna be unique for every application, depending on how much you do, your mechanic does, how much he charges etc...

650 injectors are massive overkill for 260kw (350bhp) atw, I only run 530's with 400kw (550bhp) atw

G

Unregistered
yes the stock ones would have quite happily seen 350bhp, mine did.

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
yes the stock ones would have quite happily seen 350bhp, mine did.

Believe me when I say I would have been very happy to see 260kw atw on stock injectors!! However I think you have to remember that the 4wd system plus the auto transmission does eat a lot more power out of the engine than a front wheel drive manual... something close to 30%?

I am still yet to take the turbos to the limit, plus the stock fuel entry system is very silly and needs a twin entry setup but am yet to find one for sale!!! Once all this is done I should see 280kw atw. Whatever that is in bhp I don't know, but it will be decent.

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
Did you sort out the gear box issues Madhav

It's driving me mad!! The mechanic is so slow!!! Some weeks he doesn't work on it at all and the car just sits there gathering dust... I have been reduced to driving a ford festiva again!!!

I honestly don't know what his deal is, he is so close to finishing? Just needs to re wire the ecu I think? I am gonna go there this week and throw a little abusive encouragements at him, and if this fails a few threats to take my business elsewhere!!

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
I think BHP refers specifically to hp at the engine, and to work this out properly, I would need an dyno hooked directly to the engine to measure it properly.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
It's driving me mad!! The mechanic is so slow!!! Some weeks he doesn't work on it at all and the car just sits there gathering dust... I have been reduced to driving a ford festiva again!!!

I honestly don't know what his deal is, he is so close to finishing? Just needs to re wire the ecu I think? I am gonna go there this week and throw a little abusive encouragements at him, and if this fails a few threats to take my business elsewhere!!

I feel for you man.... I know too well what its like!

Top Bottom