Koyo Type R Radiator and Golpher Radiator. Any other Options?

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
Better off with a good radiator as well as an external ATF cooler. I have a Koyo copper, temps stay below 90C. ATF goes through the Koyo for faster warm up then into a separate cooler which has its own thermostat.

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
Whats wrong with the Golpher? I haven't had any issues and have noticed cooler operating temps on the dash (I know this is not accurate) but for the money I had available to spend at the time due to a cracked top tank this was the best option for me. My car is virtually stock and doesn't get driven hard for long periods of time either. What's your budget and goals? At the end of the day it is just a heat exchanger and if it does that efficiently for your purposes then that's all that is needed. Koyo is definitely reputable but the choice for me was get a stock replacement with the same weakness in the plastic top tank or the Golpher full alloy. Has anyone heard of the Golpher radiator failing?

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
I don't have anything against the Golphers, I'm sure they're good value for money not that I've used one. In the argument against concern of having coolant + ATF milkshake I suggested a JDM part with known quality workmanship.

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
I don't have anything against the Golphers, I'm sure they're good value for money not that I've used one. In the argument against concern of having coolant + ATF milkshake I suggested a JDM part with known quality workmanship.
True that's why I bypassed mine all together. What thermostat did you use?

GMan

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jet
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Huh. Looks like they aren't selling the Golphers anymore. Not for Legnums/Galants anyway.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Think the Koyorads work out to be about $700 shipped from Yahoo Auctions through Jesse Streeter

Tophler

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 VR4 FL Legnum w recaro and momo
might just get one custom made from PWR... slightly overpriced but may need a custom one to suit the td04s

hooter

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
neale fraser
Drive
miester blue legnum
i think these e bay [yes they are golphers ] maybe the last in aus because the golpher company doesnt make them anymore .,

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Interested to see how much the PWR unit sets you back Alex, keep us posted :)

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
I got my Golpher Radiator in a group buy in CVR4, cost me just over $300 NZD, can't fault it haha

Tophler

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
yeah pwr quoted me about $1100... slightly very a lot overpriced

Tophler

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
does anyone know the product number for the full alloy koyo radiators?

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
The larger Koyos for VR4 aren't Alloy...

luke12390

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Luke
Drive
2001 Legnum VR-4 Auto
Hey guys,

I noticed a crack at the top of my radiator this morning :(

Can anyone confirm if this Koyo from RHD will fit an auto Legnum?

http://www.rhdjapan.com/koyo-copper-radiator-type-r-mitsubishi.html

I'm asking because I've noticed that the some on eBay will only fit manuals.

Also, this one is sitting on a Koyo box in the picture, but I can't imagine that its genuine for less than half the price of the RHD one. Although it is aluminium rather than copper.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RADIATOR...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2eb6ce48b6

G

Unregistered
have you considered a golpher there alloy and mine cost me $300

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
Can anyone confirm if this Koyo from RHD will fit an auto Legnum?

http://www.rhdjapan.com/koyo-copper-radiator-type-r-mitsubishi.html

I'm asking because I've noticed that the some on eBay will only fit manuals.

Also, this one is sitting on a Koyo box in the picture, but I can't imagine that its genuine for less than half the price of the RHD one. Although it is aluminium rather than copper.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RADIATOR...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2eb6ce48b6

The cheaper Koyo is a factory replacement. It's cheaper because of the plastic tank. I have the automatic version of the Koyo copper radiator (unsure whether mine is the Type R) so I expect you can order the auto model by request.

Top Bottom