LED parkers bulb

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Not overly bright illuminating garage wall, but looking at them at night from an oncoming drivers perspective, much much brighter than standard bulbs. Hard to explain... but if you've had LED's you'll know what I'm talking about... (hopefully)

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Driver's side blew.

How bright are those ones you bought? The 5 LED ones I had would light up the garage wall in front of the car.

Just went out and changed both sides back to standard bulbs now so the car doesn't look bung-eyed.

my driverside blew as well after 18 months of having the SMD type LED's in there too.. it actually fell apart when I took it off..

G

Unregistered
For interest's sake, here's another comparison photo with an LED in the driver's side headlight and the standard bulb in the passenger side.

Attachments

• led_difference.jpg
    led_difference.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 151
G

Unregistered
Blue LED Parker lights

here are mines :D

Attachments

• DSC_0406.jpg
    DSC_0406.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 140
G

Unregistered
A follow up, I emailed the eBay seller with a description of what happened and he's posting me a replacement.

I also ordered some of those ones that Kat recommended so will compare them too.

Browne, the blue LEDs look nice but they are bit too much of a cop magnet around here.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Gavin (BuzzPuppy) has some LED parkers too. Not sure how long he's had them in, or if he's had any problems with them. They look cool though :)

G

Unregistered
I ordered some of those same ones you have Kat and fitted them this evening. They seem much better - less bulky, less fragile and just as white & bright as the others I had. I'm going to order a couple of spares from them now, just in case.

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
(y) Glad you liked them, hopefully you'll get a much better result with these

bulbs.jpg

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
x5 LEDs? I've only got one white one per cluster.

I've had mine (as Mooker's mentioned) for over two years now, if anyone was wondering but they are a blade type (not the wedg/socket, but the actual light itself).

The LED is mounted SIDEWAYS so I've got them pointing inwards to bounce light around the reflector headlight housing.

G

Unregistered
Gavin, they sound similar to what I used in the map lights. The ones Kat recommended are quite a wide angle and light the reflector well too. They do also generate a point of light if you look head on at them, but comparing one side with LED to a standard bulb in the other side it's not any more apparent or distracting.

drez

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dre
Drive
Galant type S 2000
man...both of my LED parkers went out last nite
just notice it when i entered the garage last night

time to change again, not a good life span at all compare to standard bulbs.

triggs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mathew
Drive
Trigger Mauve 1996 VR-4 Galant
are you sure its just your fronts. I have a problem after trying to turn my t/c off that i blow a fuse that knowcks out all my parkers and my numberplate lights

cittris

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristian
Drive
2001 Tarmac Black Evo VII

Ah, thought it was obvious, i just wanted to confirm :)

Anyway i have replaced all my interior light with LEDs from these guys LINK and they are great!!

Unfortunately they dont have BA9. Sorry can't help you

Top Bottom