LED parkers bulb

G

Unregistered
I suspect that the light output would only be enough to glow the reflector housing, and that it would not throw any beam at all.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
if the LED's are SMD types.. then they're probably just as bright as the HID's

I recently bought a cheap torch.. I was surprised on how powerful the light beam is ..

I've got some H3 in SMD LED's just haven't had the time to install it on my foggies.. I think I like my PIAA yellow lights more for the foggies..

try it out :)

G

Unregistered
The difference is that the torches have them all facing forward and focused into a narrow beam.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
The difference is that the torches have them all facing forward and focused into a narrow beam.

yah, but with the H7 bulb, its got more than 10 SMD LED's in there and is still using a reflector.. so it shouldn't be that bad..

might get a pair just for the sake of trying it out lol..

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Let us know how you go with them, I suspect they wont be as bright as xenons or halogens but am willing to be proven wrong. :)

Jimmy_EC5W

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
1998 Pearl White Legnum, Atlas Grey VN SS
There cheap as chips so it won't really matter!

Ive got the same type of lights for my parkers and number plate lights, they are shit hot bright! Especially the number plate light, it lights up to a metre behind the car and the whole bottom half the the rear!

As for the parkers, way better than the LED ones you get from autobarn for $15, and like $13 cheaper :p

tommy86

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
Really fast Magna wagon thingy
Depending on the Diode and Driver circuits used, LED is capable of far out performing both incandescent and HID,

I know this from my experience in 24hr mountain bike racing and building my own LED lamps for these races, for about $200 and a days work I can produce a light that makes my $900 niterider HID look like a little kids torch from the $2 shop.

However for $11 you will be getting a cheap copy diode and simple resistive circuit, but I am still very interested to see how they go.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Thats what I meant, for the money they probably wont be that bright :). Anyone seen the picture of the guy with a LED Lenser torch lighting up a whole canyon?

Jimmy_EC5W

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
1998 Pearl White Legnum, Atlas Grey VN SS
I know this from my experience in 24hr mountain bike racing and building my own LED lamps for these races, for about $200 and a days work I can produce a light that makes my $900 niterider HID look like a little kids torch from the $2 shop.

Wow man, I work in a bike shop as a Mechanic and I never knew niteriders had the HID's for that much!

Thats what I meant, for the money they probably wont be that bright :). Anyone seen the picture of the guy with a LED Lenser torch lighting up a whole canyon?

I want to see...!

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
zweibrueder_taschenlampe_led_lenser_x21_mosaic_canyon_death_valley_national_park_kalifornien_usa.jpg
zweibrueder_led_lenser_x21_in_aktion_490.jpg

The pictures are small but you get the point, amazing. Its a LED Lenser torch: X21.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
I don't imagine it would get too hot as that is one of the best things about LED's. Very little heat output.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
but they're not your typical LED's

I know with some SMDs you need heatsinks installed for it.. otherwise it'll burn itself early..

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
I don't imagine it would get too hot as that is one of the best things about LED's. Very little heat output.

Little heat for the light they produce but lots of light still gets warm.... My milliona (I think) bike light gets damn hot if it doesn't have air going over it....

tommy86

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
Really fast Magna wagon thingy
Wow man, I work in a bike shop as a Mechanic and I never knew niteriders had the HID's for that much!

I want to see...!

This is from a few years ago when a decent hid cost $1000 and LED was only just starting to be used as lighting in mountain biking.

A few Cree XR-E's with 1000mA up their bum will do that and yes they will get Very hot/need heat sinking and air flow.

Top Bottom