legnum turbo upgrade swaps

G

Unregistered
hi guys, i did search on the forums and google, but not really come up with clear results, so what kind of turbo upgrade i can bolt straight on to my wife's legnum? can the evo turbo bolt on to the legnum's Twin turbo setup?
the size of the OEM turbo is just insulting :wanker:

thanks

does anyone have diagram to install bleed valve?

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
Sadly, there's no bolt on turbo upgrade.. that I'm aware of.. yet..

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Freddy one of the reasons for the small turbos is the complete lack of room in the engine bay. This is, however, partly due to inefficient design - moving (ie redesigning) the piping can definitely help free up some space.

There's a couple of people with TD05 projects going on, take a look for Valmes' info on the subject.

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
In the Guides section there is a write up on installing a Bleed valve, head over and check it out.

And as mentioned, not a whole lot available for turbo upgrades.

G

Unregistered
as i unerstand it, to fit TD04's on the legnum is a big enuf job let alone a TD05H.. but good luck with it and let us know if you get it under way..

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Also Freddy,

Follow Madhav's members ride thread. He is giving his car to RPW (Dave Thomas) for a month to do extensive research, mainly for marketing his dump pipe exhaust system, but also developing other mods like: cold air intake, miniceptor piggyback, IC piping + fitment of best size IC, & last but not least, find a solution to the bolt-on turbo / lack of engine bay space problem without having to beat firewalls & move thermo fans etc.

And I know I'm not a moderator, but use the search function. It is extremely useful & time saving... I know 'cause I use it all the time.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
LOL Josh we're all capable of providing assistance and pointing people in the right direction - its not just mods who can point people in the direction of Friendly Mr Search Button! :D

G

Unregistered
Has anyone considered going to a single turbo conversion?

G

Unregistered
thaks trevor, the search button is a funny thing they keep asking me to specify and i did and keep askin gme all the time so i googled it and come up with shit loads of rubbish.

ALso thanks guys for the advice, i checked the bay, i think i can make rooms no problem, i just want to know what king of turbo can fit onto the legnum's manifold? is TD04 can be fitted or may be the nissan s14's BB turbo?
coz i feel the the top end is suffering hehe.

Just for the record, let alone Jesus christ i calculated the fuel consumtion it was 1 litre i can only for for 6.5km that is freakin scary. most of them i know because of weight. hope my wife not screaming at me when i boost it up and hopefully turbo upgrade.

G

Unregistered
as i unerstand it, to fit TD04's on the legnum is a big enuf job let alone a TD05H.. but good luck with it and let us know if you get it under way..

if you check projectf.jp, there are members running 6a13 with twin TD04s in their FTOs. if they can somehow fit them into the fto then i dont see why its impossible to work in a legnum.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Not impossible, but with where the turbos are positioned towards the rear, you run into things such as the firewall if you were to use the same piping setups.

I've gotten used to the power already after six months, and it was a BIG jump from the asthmatic 2.6L 4cyl Astron II (carbied *lol*). Time for more!

G

Unregistered
thyye probably still do but just never update the site. i dont think they would turn down the request if they still have the capability. on the other hand, the turbo's dont look much bigger than stock...but i guess they had to keep them small to prevent you from banging in your fw

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
Yeah I think $2.5k is a little steep, for that you could get 2 brand new Garrett gt25's for and still have change left over.

Top Bottom