legnum turbo upgrade swaps

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
I'm off on the 15th of Oct, however free time is disappearing fast, usually happens before I go away, so if we wanna get a meet organised, now is the time to do it.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Most of us refer to the Y pipe as the one after the turbos that sits on top of the engine. The pipe that splits up after the MAF and goes into the intake side of the turbos doesn't have a common name apart from the piece of crap pipe that is shaped horribly!

G

Unregistered
hey guys, i'm relatively new to the vr-4 car. I'm under the impression the td04/05 upgrade is hindered due to space, particularly at the back? Would it be possible to run the stock td03 at the rear and a td05 or gt25 or gt28 at the front?

G

Unregistered
Most of us refer to the Y pipe as the one after the turbos that sits on top of the engine.

Figured that :), I was being a little hopeful that someone may come up with a solution to the one leading to the turbo. At the moment there is yours Brad, and a handleful of others on ClubVR4.

G

Unregistered
jacob there is enough room with a little mucking around for upgraded twins. The best solution is with new manifolds that move the turbos closer to the engine...DONT miss match the turbos!

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Ok so I'm going in RPW and embleton next week to try and get quotes on this TD04 upgrade. I'm overseas for 11 weeks and a mate has offered to lend me the cash and pay it back whenever (i.e. he really wants to see it happen) Most of you already know my mod list by now. Just to recap on everything that is gonna need doing for me from here on so I know what to tell the mechanics when I ask for a quote:

GTO Radiator fans or EVO radiator supplied and installed.
Modified or custom dump pipe (the one that comes off the turbo), turbo Y pipe, front engine mount, and water/oil lines, and connecting cooler pipe to the turbo.
Turbos disassembled and modified so that they line up and fit. (is this easy? I'm gonna get the turbos rebuilt first, so I guess this could be done in the process by the same dude?)
Standard manifolds will be used, however the turbo flanges have gotto be drilled on to the exhaust manifolds or something to fit? Right?
Bigger injectors (560 cc from EVO 8?)
Anything missed?

Thanks heaps

Prolly also an e-mange blue unit as the Interceptor won't be able to run bigger injectors. The e-manage is still a piggy back but has more individual control over injectors and coils etc. Can't wait to see how this turns out... everything David touches turns to gold!!:D

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
hey guys, i'm relatively new to the vr-4 car. I'm under the impression the td04/05 upgrade is hindered due to space, particularly at the back? Would it be possible to run the stock td03 at the rear and a td05 or gt25 or gt28 at the front?

The only setup you'll find different sized turbos is in staged twin turbos that run from the same manifold like in Scoobie Legacy's. Never good to run different turbos on separate manifolds/cyl banks.

Top Bottom