legnum v galant.

G

Unregistered
hi huys,
i was wondering if there is any noticable difference when driving a galant vr4 or a legnum vr4? do they both perform about the same? which is better ;P

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Mitchy.. I believe you're mistaken..

undoubtedly.. Galants are far better in every way.. :D

... Looks and Performance.. either one.. Galants would win though since Legnums are a littler bit heavier..

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Legnums have closer to 50/50 weight balance though :)

Realistically they are going to feel pretty much the same for 95% of driving situations. I wouldn't base a purchase decision on the fact that a Galant is a little lighter than a Legnum.

The smart people buy Legnums because they take up the same amount of road space as a Galant, yet carry a lot more and noone ever suspects the wagon :D

G

Unregistered
haha good point, well my vr4 galant is a write off, so im thinking of getting a legnum know. I like the stealth factor also.

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
I got the Legnum because of the space for long trips and i've always loved the look of the VR-4 wagons.
I would've gotten a Galant, but the Legnum is the boss :p
Hmm sleeper? Not really. Legnum's don't exactly look like your everyday "wagons" that you see on the road. They do attract a quite bit of attention - even in stock form.
Especially the front end which resembles a tiger shark and the rear tailgate with it's menacing spoiler.

G

Unregistered
Galants are better :D

I got the sedan coz I always wanted an Evo, yet couldn't afford one, so this was the next best thing. The galant is also very capable of carrying a fair bit of equipment too, at one stage I had 4 rims and 4 tyres (all separated) in the car, with probably enough space for another 2 or 3 tyres. :D

The legnum does seem the logical choice though.

G

Unregistered
Somebody told me when i was looking for one that the galant had a different tuning setup, giving it more power and making it faster, similar to the WRX and forester GT downtuning but same engine. I havnt bothered to look into it but doubt that its true. The legnums go hard!

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
AHHHH shoooosh!! You are all bias!

By end of the day, its your preference choice mate.

LEGNUM FTW!!!

Emu

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Wayne
Drive
1999 Galant VR4 1993 HJ V6
This will turn into a world series debate before long... They both rock.

Hey Brad, you mentioned an almost 50/50 weight balance on the Legnum... is that with a full tank?

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I bought a Galant because I have absolutely no need for a wagon (there have been people in the back seat of my car twice in 4 months), the Galant is significantly lighter, and to my eyes it looks better. I also bought it for the name - my first car was a 1977 Galant and I have loved them all ever since.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Haha yeh, they told me i could buy a galant ECU and get an instant increase in power:wanker:

I think they were confused - If you have a pre-facelift AUTO, you can install an ECU from a MANUAL or facelift vehicle and you get a 20ps (~20hp, ~15kw) increase as the auto pre-facelift was de-tuned - but it sounds like they had no idea about the VR4

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Wayne - I don't know that the weight balance is, but a Legnum has 50kg extra on the arse so it will be closer to 50/50 than a Galant. I don't know just how much closer though, it could still be 60/40 compared to 65/35 for example

Top Bottom