legnum v galant.

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
I think they were confused - If you have a pre-facelift AUTO, you can install an ECU from a MANUAL or facelift vehicle and you get a 20ps (~20hp, ~15kw) increase as the auto pre-facelift was de-tuned - but it sounds like they had no idea about the VR4

Really? I didn't know this (ahehehe noob!!).

So if I buy an ECU from FL, do I just swap it like plug n play? or is there any specific FL ECU?

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Ahehe, speaking of finding one, well I just found one. FL ECU for $55 delivered. I bought CF console w/ gear surround as well for just $125 delivered from the same guy.

how about that ey???
2thumbsup.gif

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Not a bad steal at all mate, and as long as it isn't stuffed that is damn cheap.
Really with Legnums and Galants it comes down to whether you like the Legnums rear design and whether you would like/need the space the wagon offers. I think the Leggys (both series) have one of the best wagon designs around. They seriously look better at the front and sides than a Audi RS6 (in my opinion), much sleeker and not as stubby looking. Also there is a Leggy vs Galant handling thread around that states that the Leggy slides more in the wet due to higher mass at rear. Definitely true that it can slide, and damn fun in that I can only get it to happen deliberately (i don't want to die yet thanks)...sticks unless really provoked. And on private roads it's pretty fun to 4 wheel drift through a nice wide corner, caution needed of course.

JRVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 galant type V manual
yes the legnums slide very well, went a bit to hard into a corner racing my mate in his 180 and he was behind me as my back end came out, i managed to hold it even though it wasnt intented and he was telling me after there you couldnt notice any body roll in the car! Also made some lovely marks : )

G

Unregistered
I bought a Galant because I have absolutely no need for a wagon (there have been people in the back seat of my car twice in 4 months), the Galant is significantly lighter, and to my eyes it looks better. I also bought it for the name - my first car was a 1977 Galant and I have loved them all ever since.

it's all of about 50kg difference if i recall correctly...

my back seat has carried more tyres than people too. :p

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Ahehe, speaking of finding one, well I just found one. FL ECU for $55 delivered. I bought CF console w/ gear surround as well for just $125 delivered from the same guy.

how about that ey???
2thumbsup.gif

Thats pretty good - got any more FL ECU's? I need one for a project I'm trying to get going

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
look~ well, if we consider the factory standard, performance wise? galant... practicality? legum. with mods? endless discussion... so lets quit it

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Hehe; I would have to agree with Mitchy. Mainly cos I love super legumes but in terms of beating the pants of bommodores, fords and nissans I'm loving my Galant for power to weight.

I will get a legnum or a super legnum one day though.:)

Emu

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Wayne
Drive
1999 Galant VR4 1993 HJ V6
look~ well, if we consider the factory standard, performance wise? galant... practicality? legum. with mods? endless discussion... so lets quit it

You mean, the Galant will get you to Bondi quicker, but the Legnum will fit more Bikini Babes in when you get there...

Now that's Perforance and Practicality...

Nice.

PS. Thanks Brad for the weight dist. reply.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
The one that is better is the one you like more. I think this thread should close...

G

Unregistered
my car is the best, therefore legnums are the best. :)

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
my car is the best, therefore legnums are the best. :)

Hahahaha..... Agreed

Theres a reason i have 2 Legnums and no Galants ;)

The only difference i noticed between the 2 was that the Legnum is more prone to slide from the rear (which i guess would have to do with the 50/50 weight)..... And you can only only get Manual in Type V with facelifts in the Galant

Apart from that they are freeeaken car lol....

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
That is actually the major problem with Galants, the SUPREME combination of facelift + manual + type S is not available unless you pick a Leggie.

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
hey hey hey.. lets not fight here.... you see, we are here to discuss the differences. not to compare and stab people with who is better and what so you are f$%"ed i am good stuff... admin, can we close this thread since it is causing nothing but trouble??

Top Bottom