Wanted NSW Lowered suspension for leggy

fez31

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
ferris
Drive
nissan 300zr
hay guys im after some lowered suspension for my leggy im located in Sydney mt druitt, anyone got anythng around sydney area if not can i buy new lowered springs from somewhere?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
hay guys im after some lowered suspension for my leggy im located in Sydney mt druitt, anyone got anythng around sydney area if not can i buy new lowered springs from somewhere?

you can order lowered springs from Kings springs.. just make sure its the 7G (Galant V6 HJ model) as the 8th gen Galant listed is meant for the USDM models..

niterida

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Ken
Drive
1997 Legnum
you can order lowered springs from Kings springs.. just make sure its the 7G (Galant V6 HJ model) as the 8th gen Galant listed is meant for the USDM models..

Are you sure ? 7G is listed as up to 1996 and then they list 97 on which I would assume to be the correct one. KCFL-65 and KCRL-66 would be the ones ?

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Check his rep, thanks and post count. If Christian doesn't know it then it's not worth knowing :)

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
Are you sure ? 7G is listed as up to 1996 and then they list 97 on which I would assume to be the correct one. KCFL-65 and KCRL-66 would be the ones ?

yes I am.. HJ Galant (whether its 4cyl or v6) were released between 06/93 to 06/96 the 97 part was for the USDM.. USDM were only released with 4 cyl..

also the suspension setup on 7G and 8G are the same, only difference are the AWD system.. which were not released in Oz, were released in Jap and imported to NZ

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
I'm going to add to that. There is also a hd version for the rear springs if you wanted to make it more taily at the same time....

Unco_Tomato

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt
Drive
1996 White Manual Legnum w/ FL Kit
I also have a set of stock suspension in my garage you could have for $50 if you wanted to just do a dodgy and cut springs :p

fez31

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
ferris
Drive
nissan 300zr
VR4WGN your to far how much for a full set plus freight. post code 2770

fez31

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
ferris
Drive
nissan 300zr
Naughtica do I just call a king spring supplier qnd tell them I want a set for a Legnum?

fez31

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
ferris
Drive
nissan 300zr
How far are you away from me unco?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
So are the shock absorbers the same ?

physically, yes.. but dampening.. not sure..

Naughtica do I just call a king spring supplier qnd tell them I want a set for a Legnum?

you call up the shop and never mention the word "legnum" or "import"

tell them its for the HJ Galant.. ask for the Heavy Duty version.. that way its not soft for the rear end..

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Do kings do a super low version for HJ Galant or only low? I have a set of front shocks with king springs but it wasn't really what you would call low, just makes it look less like an off roader

fez31

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
ferris
Drive
nissan 300zr
Cheers bro ill get a few contacts in about a week nd get some prices....unless u know what there worth already?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
Do kings do a super low version for HJ Galant or only low? I have a set of front shocks with king springs but it wasn't really what you would call low, just makes it look less like an off roader

as far as I remember they have super low but aren't recommended on standard shockies as it'll kill it quickly..

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car

The super low springs are what has given kings a bad name (despite them supplying springs for heaps of race cars). They're not really intended to be at all functional. I don't think they do them for Vr4s though anyway....

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Fair enough, guess that means coilovers the only option if you want to get low

G

Unregistered
King springs are way low enough let alone the super lows. Fir some reason the kings sit lower than normal in our cars at about 96mm.

I have about 6 sets of springs and struts for sale cheap (100 per set) as I remove thrm from cars I sell.

Just a friendly warning too is that kind or any lowering spring for our cars tend to make the arse twitchy and step out when riding over drain covers etc. Aswell as take the handling from great to sliding on ball bearrings. That's my opinion on what iv witnessed here.. Tbh the only lowering spring and or strut combo I trust is TEIN and BILSTEIN.

Top Bottom