Lowering - Anyone tracked down any good setups?

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Dimi, let me know how you go with that :)

G

Unregistered
Recently purchased a 99' Galant thats stock apart from 18" rims. I realise coilovers are the best to get but don't have the money so was wondering what springs around are going to make the car sit abit lower but won't bottom out or scrape the wheel, just wanting to lower around 30-40mm to make it looks neater. Any suggestions around the $200-300 mark>

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Save your $200-300 and do it right. The only springs that would come close to that price range are King Springs, and as discussed previously, they are NOT designed for our cars, they are simply coincidental springs that fit. The spring rates are in fact softer in the rear than stock springs so avoid like the plague.

Seriously, on stock shocks, keep stock springs for now. Then perhaps look for a second hand set of coilovers if $$ is that tight?

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
You can pick up tanabe GF's new from japan for a little over $300 delivered, thats what I have on my Bilsteins, pretty happy with that. Can't comment on the ride height they will give though, as I am using the adjustable seats on the Bilsteins to achieve 350mm at all corners.

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
The BC coils I put in a little while ago get top marks from me. Easily height adjustable and simple to get damped properly so that they ride quite well. And they handle amazingly, the cars turn in feels more responsive but I don't know whether that's because of the ball joints, or if it's just a result of me getting rid of my rusty old shocks and springs which were shockingly bad. Early days so far in regards to durability and how tough they are, but so far I'm happy.

Top Bottom