Melbourne Dragracing? Check out the MotorvateMelbourne pettition - closed, new thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Hey Mexicans,

After spending a night with the Queenslanders and being shown how real VR4 drivers test their "stuff" I decided to to some research on the Victorian drag racing scene and happened upon this: motorvatemelbourne.com

To break it down, there is a group called ANDRA who are petitioning the Vic government to build a dedicated motor sports venue for public use!

They have a petition that needs signatures, and they're having a rally/car show too, which sounds awesome.

Details:
Date Saturday 20th February 2010
Gates open a 6.00 am
Public entry opens at 10.00 am
Show closes at 5.00 pm

So, who's interested in going or even entering their cars?

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Hmmmmm, maybe...... Might be a wee bit too far though lol

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
They want people who are showing their cars to be there between 6am and 9am (i think) so it would have to be an early cruise!

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
The complex that is planned has a small circuit for club & drift use. That makes the dragstrip completely irrelevant...

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I'm right behind it for the other stuff anyway. If there has to be a dragstrip there to make the more interesting bits viable, then I say let's have a dragstrip.

My sources tell me that the plans are already quite well advanced for this too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom