Morgan Park Raceway - 4th Feb

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
Hey Guys,

i know it is late notice, but I and a couple of other people I know are heading out to Morgan Park Raceway in Warwick on Wednesday 4th Feb for a track day (practice). If you are interested in comming let me know as we will need to advise numbers.

Cost - $85 full day, or $55 half day
Date - Wednesday 4 Feb
http://www.morganparkraceway.com.au/

Mike

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
I'll come if i can get time off work. Won't be in a Leggy though, not that I'm sure you'll care ;)

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
Bring the Sil80... that I want to see... Hopefully I will get the car tuned again prior to the day.

G

Unregistered
that sounds intresting what time are the gates opening?

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
hmm... not sure. I think it was 8am or something.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
You going for full or part day Rasi?

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
If the rain stays away i'll go, car isn't set up properly made some changes this arvo but not in the direction i wanted, it'll be too taily, but my first time at MP so who cares! Just there to have some fun

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Thanks for the invite Rasi- i had a good time, even though it was just street tyres!

Great little track, i'll have to go back with a more serious attitude next time. Hey those brownies were great!

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
Sorry for not getting back on here sooner to answer the questions, but now it has come and gone. Was a great day out with my brother and another mate (with Jungle showing up after we finished - oops)

Hahah... yeh they are the best brownies.

Was a great day with the VR4 holding it ground against a modified S15, but lapping slightly slower against my old lightly modified R33 Gtst 1:24sec vrs 1:22sec. Unfortunately we couldn't keep up with the Porsche (Carrera Cup car) 1:10sec, the V8Brute 1:18sec, Evo 10 1:18sec.

Will post pics and video once my brother downloads them.

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Sounds like good fun, would love to come out there with you guys soon. Gets frustrating straining against the speed limit sometimes. Pretty damn cheap too for a full day. How long do you guys reckon you were on the track?

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Sounds like good fun, would love to come out there with you guys soon. Gets frustrating straining against the speed limit sometimes. Pretty damn cheap too for a full day. How long do you guys reckon you were on the track?

Sedans get from 20 past the hour to the hour so 40 mintues each session, fantastic value. You should get 4 of those for half a day. Your car won't last that long though, it'll overheat/run out of brakes and or talent:bigsmile:

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
Sedans get from 20 past the hour to the hour so 40 mintues each session, fantastic value. You should get 4 of those for half a day. Your car won't last that long though, it'll overheat/run out of brakes and or talent:bigsmile:

Like Simon said... 4 x 40 minute sessions is enough. the standard brakes don't last more than around 6 laps before they start to fade, so we ended up doing 2 short sessions in each 40 minutes. Even then we had overheating issues in the Skyline and S15.

Still haven't recieved the video footage, but will post it when I get it.

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Might look at giving it a go when I switch tyres and pads, that way I can burn them down with no probs. And im not even thinking about it before I get off my arse and get the trans cooler in the car.

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
Yeh I would recommend changing to a new set of tyres and pads. The compliance ones are absolutely crap - at least I know the AYC works really well.. haha

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Hay Rasi, still no footage man, WTF?!? Get your slack brother to sort his s**t out!!

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
haha yeh I know... I have to give him some slack as he went in for knee surgery about 3 weeks ago. But saying that he has been sitting around for the last three weeks. I will have to pester him.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Going to Lakeside on Sunday? Sprints, getting the purple thing db tested on Thursday at QR, it'll be doing the sprint track and the national circuit while there. Just waiting to hear if i have a morning slot ;)

Top Bottom