Most likely Selling the Legnum

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
Yea good option the house idea, so long as you get a good bargain and the house is structurally sound! (coming from a carpenter) sad to see you needing to sell the car but i hear your headache too, luckly i own my car but building my own house and paying rent at the same time is a huge juggling act, which sucks.

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Sad to see another leggy go, but I understand what you're doing. Gotta have priorities in order for sure. I'm 21 and going to Uni next year, otherwise I would also be looking into entering the market and would probably have to sell my baby too. Good luck with getting yourself a decent place to start off mate :)

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
I have been thinking of doing the same thing. House is definately a first and when you do, then having a car will be better. It is strange, all these Legnums getting sold and seem to dissapear.

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
I agree with your reasons... I'm in the same boat; but I'm another one determined to make it work with keeping the car.

Best of luck with what you end up going with mate!

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
I've only got about 9k left on my loan for the VR4, so my g/f and I are pooling together to knock it on the head. The money I save thereafter is going straight onto my g/f's loan so we can buy a house in a few years.

If I were in your shoes with a bigger debt, I'd probably be taking the same path.

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
I guess the time has gone pretty fast for me. I am hopeless at saving so needed a loan. I have got by fine with rent and stuff and will have my loan payed off in a year.

How long is your loan?

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
I've only got about 9k left on my loan for the VR4, so my g/f and I are pooling together to knock it on the head. The money I save thereafter is going straight onto my g/f's loan so we can buy a house in a few years.

If I were in your shoes with a bigger debt, I'd probably be taking the same path.

Thats exactly where I am at. I have 8,200 or something left so I'll own it outright by december. (Only got the car in Feb) Then we are pooling money into the house fund which we already have 20K towards.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
I guess the time has gone pretty fast for me. I am hopeless at saving so needed a loan. I have got by fine with rent and stuff and will have my loan payed off in a year.

How long is your loan?

Mine? I took mine over the longest period of seven years and have been paying extra as much as I can. I've only had the loan for two and it should be paid off by the end of the year or early next. Unfortunately I don't make very much money so paying off things takes a lot of planning and time.

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
AHHHHH I am looking at buying a place...just about finished off the car payments.....my biggest problem was the moving of countries....believe me that is a financial killer!!

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
1998 Series 2 Pearl White Legnum
yea i could probably keep the legnum if i wasnt in a band, we want to be able to travel and do gigs up the coast and so on and the legnum is just too expensive on petrol and so on, so im looking at getting a house along with a much reliable car so that i can travel and play music which is what I love more than my car

Top Bottom