hmmmm thinking of selling my Legnum as a wreck.. where to go??

G

Unregistered
hey people...

things have taken a little turn and i need to possibly get rid of the legnum as its costing me too much to have 3 running vehicles.... lol...

I originally bought the leggy as a project for a "later date" it was to serve as my trusty daily. It was never perfect to begin with... it had high-ish K's 119,000 now 138,000 very minor hail damage... a rust spot in the left rear arch right strut tower and bits of surface rust under the car... the car had questionable history ... but i know my cars and all i cared about was the mechanics and interrior... both perfect bar sagged engine mounts ( not broken )

- i have been relentless in fixing the underbody rust and was only shallow surface rust
- i have the wheel arch cut out and replaced professionally

I wanted to respray the whole car and do an engine transplant and convert to manual one day....

I cannot sell the car on the dodge... im simply not that kind of person....
the car still has rust in the strut top... and really is the last bit to fix... but i dont have the funds to continue on...

what do these things sell for as a whole running car ???

i dont want much for it.. i bought it cheap... but i know im not going to get what i paid for it back....

ideas peeps appreciated

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
Pics?? Would help others give you an idea of what it's worth

-T8-

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tate
Drive
WRX CSE5, 7g galant
When you find out where to sell it let me know..

G

Unregistered
look ibought it for $8250...and have spent a few dollars on it since.... but i would be happy to get $6250 cash for it... with the understanding that it is a project vehilce....

that said... someone who is not that picky could just get a paintless dent removalist to smooth the roof which is very minor... and spend about $250 in paint touchups and pay for the fix in the strup top and be very happy with it that...

its a car of the year model with near flawless leather interrior.... everything works...

is that a fair price? i CAN get a roady for it... but honesty is the best policy...

look i love the car... but need the cash...

maybe i should try and sell to a dealer??

thanks guys

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
If it has the black leather interior you could easily sell that for $1500 or so and swap it for a normal fabric interior.

G

Unregistered
it does have black leather :)

and heres a pic

Attachments

• IMG_0640.JPG
    IMG_0640.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 182

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Ahh yep, I thought it would be a COTY. I'd sell the leather seperately and make a heap of money :D

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
I think its worth more then $6250 depending on the how bad the hail damage and rust is, especially with that black leather. If thats really all thats wrong with it, I think you could get at least $8000. Does that price come with some rego and safety certificate?

G

Unregistered
it caught my eye as a good candidate for a project vehicle... it was straight but a little rough around the edges... that's how I like em.... I had not planned on selling regoed but if the buyer is happy with how it is I can arrange for it to have the saftey certain and whatever rego left chucked in.... I think it will scare off the majority of the masses as many will be looking for a lower k ... ready to roll minter compared to mine... but if someone has a vision in mind like mine... it would
be perfect for that reason...

my plans were

-full respray metallic white with black roof panel
-upgrade engine to 3.0L and convert to manual...

I love this car... but the cost of rego insurance fuel and insurace is
killing me right now... i will own another when I get through this patch... or
perhaps an evo ... ftw

so yes... to sum up

-rust attention to strut tower will need to be plated to be done properly ...
-paint is in great condition... no problems there... but will need the rear 1/4 painted to
match as that is where I had the repair professionally done... and thought no
point in paying for a match job if I'm going to respray again...
-mechanically is awesome!!! it just has sagged ( not broken engine mounts ) otherwise can't fault it
-the hail damage can be "fixed" paintlessly on the roof... the bonnet has a few fonts from hail as well... but the rest of the car is sound
- other than those issues it's a dream...

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Well, from all that info I'd be thinking that getting it roadworthy would be the way to go.

G

Unregistered
It sounds alright, sure you could get bout 8 for it!!!!

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
if it does get wrecked.... id pay to swap my rear subframe with yours? my mounts are all shagged

G

Unregistered
lol.... im noe EXACTLY sure what will become of it at this point... but if that is the direction it will take... sure... :)

would prefer to see it finished... bit of a waste of a nice car to see it in pieces... kinda hurts to think about it... haha

blkcar

Crunching Gears
First Name
lem
Drive
VR4 Galant
Mate I'd be keen on it, I'm looking for a daily right now. I'd like to stick with a Galant after all, just something stock would be great.

Let me know.

G

Unregistered
if your near gold coast come round and have a look in the flesh if you want... ill go over it with you :)

G

Unregistered
just to let the peeps know... i called many many places to see if they would take the car as a wreck... and 99% of them said no.... i also thought that i would kill 2 birds with one stone by trying to find out who does stock repacement parts for vr4 owners... RMA in southport were quite helpfull.. though bit pricey on certain things... at least there is peace of mind that parts are now local :)

as for my beloved legnum... its been ebayed now.. :( a fate i didnt want it to have... but is infinatley better than a grinder taking it to bits :( hopefully it finds a good home... i will miss it... :(

Top Bottom