MarysVR4

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Mary-Ann
Drive
96' Galant VR4 and a 87' Ford Mustang 5.0 -- both with 5sp MT
Hey guys!
I don't know if this thread already exists. But I need an advice right know :(

I am about to buy a "new" motor with 70tkm because it's cheap. My Legnum MT still running great, the second engine is just for the time after that good time :bigsmile: (by the way, my one runs already 165tkm)

However, the engine I want to buy had AT and I drive with MT.
The seller says (what else should he say ?^ ^) It would be no trouble swapping the engine type.

What do you think?

Thanks in advance!

Mary

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
There won't be any problem. The gearbox and clutch assembly will bolt straight on.

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
the only thing about this that worries me isnt the bolting stuff together but making things fit like the gear stick and the third pedal(i know this isnt the case here but if i was to convert my auto to manual)

G

Unregistered
There no differing engine models, so there fore, your good to go!

Exactly right, the NZ guys have done this sucessfully before, and are 1/2 way through doing it again, BradC has both engines and transmissions sitting on his floor from the last weekend..

The only thing that Carsten picked up was a possible (not sure what the final verdict was) difference in the power steering pulley set up on a 2001 versus a prefacelift, but that can always be swapped if need be.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
The power steering pump and pulley are in fact quite different on facelifts

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
how about the throttle body? I remember when servicing VR4Rocket's car.. I noticed that the accelerator cable wasn't directly connected to the throttle.. it was connected to another box which had a gear that connects itself to the throttle and it had vacuum hoses..

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Thats the TCL system. It doesn't really matter as you can just swap that stuff across

Top Bottom