Taking out motor and gearbox together........

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
Just quickly guys and gals.

If I want to take out the motor and gearbox together (automatic) I know it's gotta be taken off from bottom but if I cut the radiator support and any metal across with the support can the motor be taken out towards the front of car through were the radiator support was ? So I don't need to take it out from bottom.

Please for the people that know if can reply.

I think it should be okay but wanna double check and if I'm ganna have any other problems doing that ?

Gav

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
Galant
I dropped both my manual gearbox transfer and motor while sitting on the drive way with no issues.

But if you ok with cutting the front of the car up then yes it can be done. I just personally wouldn’t.

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
Na all good engine and gearbox will be coming out of a wreck, I should have mentioned that, that's why I don't care to much about the car really.
Yeah basically wanna take everything out including transfer as one piece because most likely I'll be doing it by myself and just want a easy way to do it without lifting car and dragging motor out from bottom, unless you wanna help haha.

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
Yeah.
Basically the car was hit abit (not bad really but wasn't going to be repaired) and didn't care what I had to cut.

But cut front radiator support and whatever was at the front, unbolted what was attached to engine like exhaust, tailshaft, engine loom, driveshafts etc....

Came out from front but I had to cut the left side engine mount bracket thingy on actual car because the actual engine mount was still attached to engine and had to leave it on because it was one of my support for the crane, but if you take off engine mounts and find a different area to support the crane the engine will easily come out without troubles, for next time I guess but doubt we'll be doing it again ever haha.

Top Bottom