well its originally from

www.speedfactory.co.nz

its normally $750nz

i bought it from a guy that changed his mind/needed the cash

for $520nz picked it up last night

G

Unregistered
match it to the car...

im not into the different coloured bonnet look...

looks cheap and as if you couldnt afford a paint job...

ive taken it back off the car for that reason :D

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
just a Q about the vent.. are you worried about water getting inside the engine bay?

G

Unregistered
it can have water sheild fitted underneath if need be.

G

Unregistered
SLY-031 -> it would be riculously cheaper to pick up the evo 6 main vent and side air duct (ive got one of those sitting here anyway) and glass it on, im sure if it was a weight thing a full fibreglass mold could be taken and reproduced as is currently being down with the evo 3 kit that ive made for my mirage/2door lancer.

the entire process would cost more but if there was a bodykit company that wished to do the mold for you, it would end up a lot cheaper and they can resell more of them

G

Unregistered
Hey, was it just a straight fit or was there some modifying that was needed to get it on

G

Unregistered
SLY-031 -> it would be riculously cheaper to pick up the evo 6 main vent and side air duct (ive got one of those sitting here anyway) and glass it on, im sure if it was a weight thing a full fibreglass mold could be taken and reproduced as is currently being down with the evo 3 kit that ive made for my mirage/2door lancer.

not just weight (my fibreglass one feels 2-3kg lighter at least).... unless you get a good panel shop to do it, its quite easy to spot that its just been slaped on there, and $$ wise prob a shit load more expensive get vents put on the factory bonnet, and time consuming,

What sort of water shield are you referring to? Any ideas what a freight company would charge to send something over to to Aus?

shit loads, prob cheaper by slow boat, i would imagine upto $200 for shipping of a bonnet

Hey, was it just a straight fit or was there some modifying that was needed to get it on

it is a bonnet specifically made for the legnum/galant and is 100% bolt on
bolts to the factory hinges and has a bonnet catch already attached...

all it needs is some paint and some heat sheilding.

G

Unregistered
carsten your the man....hehe...

thats a nice one u got over there....

post the picture when u got it painted....

G

Unregistered
ive seen that sytle in RL, its evo 7-ish

it comes with sheilds and bonnet catch

its moulded of a prefacelift bonnet, so is very flat,

and the vent looks all wrong, very cheap and ugly IMO...
the clear coat goes yellow after a while aswell,

heres RL pic's

these flatter it... in person looks like cheap shit.

180998659a2075969831b340692411l.jpg

180998659a2737023896b68581434l.jpg

mind you a good CF evo bonnet is around $1200nz (i would fork out for the quality item rather than buy the cheap ebay one you have there)

Top Bottom