need a help

G

Unregistered
I have swap this engine to my proton waja. Now the problem is this 4wd gearbox need to be lock to 2wd. anybody can give me a suggestion what which gearbox 2wd can fix with this engine and wiring? how about FTO gearbox is it ok.

G

Unregistered
hey man i am putting a 6a13 in my fto and i am using my box but here is the catch.
the front turbo actuator hits the clutch mechanism as the legnum is a pull clutch fto is a push clutch and you have to use the fto sandwich plate and flywheel and a heavy duty clutch and try and get lsd.

G

Unregistered
I don't really know for sure. But from the all the forum reading about FTO engine swap, they are all using either the 6a13tt trans converted to 2WD or using the 6a13 manual box.

None of them used the FTO box, so I would say that the FTO box will not fit the 6a13tt engine. Even the engine code is different. The FTO engine code is 6a12.

G

Unregistered
its the same block.

the fto box does fit, and so does the 6a13 NA FWD box.

G

Unregistered
tq..for yr suggestion and opinion. Now i lock the gearbox 4wd to 2wd. so far running smooth.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
to the expert guys..

if a 4wd gearbox is locked to a 2wd mode.. obviously all the power is transfered to the front.. but will we see the same power output if dynoed?!

G

Unregistered
you will see slightly more power from a 2wd setup, as there is less drivetrain losses.

G

Unregistered
in malaysia if that car originaly FWD , u can't modified it to RWD or 4WD.if cought by police your car cannot be on the road anymore.

G

Unregistered
i need a full diargram of 6a13tt gearbox pin out anybody can help me?

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Oh you mean an AUTO gearbox! Now I'm with you. My car doesn't have one, so I was a little confused for a while there ;)

Err sorry I realise this post hasn't been the most helpful...

G

Unregistered
anybody can give me some tips. My problem right now....when shifting auto mode the gear cannot change only low gear all the time . When shifting to semi automatic the gear can shift from 1 to 5 and when slow down the gear automaticly change to 1st gear. No problem at all when shifting to semi automatic.

Somebody can tell me what should i do?

Top Bottom