Need Help- Engine Stopped

G

Unregistered
Hey guys,

Today when i start the car i felt like the engine is missing, Not running properly and there was not much of a pick up!!! Actually the car pulled when the turbo started to kick and a short while ago engine stopped working. When i checked there is no pulse coming in to the coils actually only one is getting any pulse!! other two are not working!! any ideas!!!

Suggestions!!

Please

thanx

gtodave

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
david einam
Drive
galant 7g & 8g
check your cam and crank sensors are working,they are on the front of motor,had the same problem on a 6a12 and it was the cam sensor that had failed, it only had spark on 1 coil, i replaced the ecu same problem then spoke to auto elect and he said the sensors are suspect on 6a12
you will need some way to check if they are switching as you crank motor,
i used an osciloscope on the switch wire,it may work with a voltmeter not sure if it will be fast enough to see the pulses,or remove the sensor from front of motor and use a piece of steel to trigger it and check if voltage on switch wire is pulsing .
david

G

Unregistered
will check that david!!!!
the spark was some what strong!!! I'll check the voltage im not sure of that!!!!
brad!!

thanx alot guys!!!

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
just wondering.. who worked on your car before this issue started appearing?

G

Unregistered
I had no issue with the car since i have imported it few months back, apart from the radiator leak!!! I have given it to the same person a close friend of mine, who works at Nissan !!

G

Unregistered
Well good bye to my engine!!! It was the cam belt!! I asked the guy to change all the belts to the compliance guy and he told me that he did!!! The clock was around 114000. And it was the cam belt which stopped the engine!!! So sourcing in a new engine may be a manual transmission as well fingers crossed for the time being!!!

Anyways thanx guys!!!

G

Unregistered
Can you claim back from the guy who was supposed to change the belts. Not good news at all and sorry to hear this has happened after having it for a short time

G

Unregistered
I dont know it yet!! Disappointed for the time being!!!Couldnt really enjoy the car for a long time!! :(( Was hunting for new engines!!! Hard to find one in Melbourne!! :( ........

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
sad to hear about your car.. i believe there's an engine on ebay at the moment.. i think its $1,200+postage!?

also you might wanna check TTVR4's thread.. he recently lost his car due to an accident.. he might be able to cut a deal for you..

Top Bottom