Need Help!!

G

Unregistered
Gday, drove my legnum today and it is doing something really weird. After releasing the clutch and taking off it is jurking a little bit. Almost feels like it is missing and then it is fine. It is every time i release the clutch and start to accelerate. Anyone got any ideas, sounds weird I know.

G

Unregistered
So is the engine feel like it has a flat spot ? Have u got any mods at all ?

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Sounds like its not firing properly James. When did you do the plugs? Or are you still running on the ones it came with? Plugs would be my first port of call, then leads (there's only three for the rear plugs) and then test the coil packs.

It COULD be a fuelling issue, but I'd check the ignition system before looking at injectors (but that's the next logical step).

Good luck!

G

Unregistered
Yeah the engine, but only for a split second? I dont have any mods fitted yet, the only thing is it came with a rsr ex-mag exhaust system.

G

Unregistered
Sounds like its not firing properly James. When did you do the plugs? Or are you still running on the ones it came with? Plugs would be my first port of call, then leads (there's only three for the rear plugs) and then test the coil packs.

It COULD be a fuelling issue, but I'd check the ignition system before looking at injectors (but that's the next logical step).

Good luck!

Thanks SiliconAngel. Thats what I was thinking it might be. I am still on the plugs and leads that came with it. The other two things that I was thinking was the clutch or a bad batch of fuel. Im not real good with mechanics. lol!

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
From your description it sounds exactly like an ignition problem, which I've had to deal with on more than my fair share of cars *grumbles* :(

Interestingly, when I changed my plugs my car already had NGK Iridiums in it, although they were gapped wrongly (about 1.1mm!!) and dirty as hell. You'll probably find a plug change is all you'll need :)

G

Unregistered
From your description it sounds exactly like an ignition problem, which I've had to deal with on more than my fair share of cars *grumbles* :(

Interestingly, when I changed my plugs my car already had NGK Iridiums in it, although they were gapped wrongly (about 1.1mm!!) and dirty as hell. You'll probably find a plug change is all you'll need :)

I will give it a go, thanks again for your help.

Stinger

Crunching Gears
First Name
Phil
Drive
Ae86 Trueno
Maybe it wouldn't be there if you learnt to drive properly!
note to James;
the clutch is not an on/off switch.

hahahahaaha

Anywho, i agree with plugs. Maybe mitsu service swapped them for crap ones during the t-belt change?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
some clutches are an on/off switch :)

If you let it go down to about 1000rpm in gear without touching the clutch and then standing on the throttle what happens? Does it still hesitate?

G

Unregistered
some clutches are an on/off switch :)

If you let it go down to about 1000rpm in gear without touching the clutch and then standing on the throttle what happens? Does it still hesitate?

Thats exactly when it does it, its only a slight jerk then ist fine.

Nash

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Craig
Drive
1988 Honda CRX (Series 2)
1998 FL Legnum VR-4
2012 Kia Optima Platnum
Funny, I had a similar problem when I changed my plugs.

In an auto though. When I would take off slowly or when idling in Drive, I would get a miss.

Also I was getting a flat spot when planting the throttle, in second gear.

Now I thought these problems were due to the new plugs and I had too much boost set on my controller, (Miss caused by plugs - Flat spot, engine cutout)

It turns out that both problems were associated with the petrol I was using at the time. Mobil 8000. I went and filled up on BP Ultimate98 yesterday and both problems are gone. :eek:

Just thought I'd mention that..... Could be a factor maybe - fuel type that is...

Top Bottom