New Lights and 19"s

G

Unregistered
Hi guys.
So I took a few pics today after having the car washed.
The lights should actually be glowing all four but as one of the blocks has burnt out I just run 2 for now till someone brings me a new block from china on their next trip.
I dont think the car looks too VIP but it certainly gets noticed at the traffic lights. After our grinder and hammer to the rear wheel arches there is no rubbing on the rear anymore even though it was only on bottoming out the rear end.
:wanker: No offense but I do prefer the amistad rims to carstens bbs evo X's.

Brembo's hopefully going on tomorrow with ne bolt pins and spacers but if I do find a nice set of 18"s or 19"s that clear the brembos directly then I will change these rims but until then and as there is no variety in this country then these will run the course.
Picture 079.jpg

G

Unregistered
wheels and lights

Picture 071.jpg

The rear wheel arches are still fully intact even after taking tothem with a grinder and a hammer backyard style.,

swift5_8

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tomas
Drive
Current: Legnum, Datsun 260z x 3
Past: 180sx, gti-r sold R32 GTS4, 1972 Restored Celica
Hi Adam , i think it looks nice and def would get attention, im my car is stuck at Darrend - AFAS as the clutch broke :( so im missing it and perving on other legies,

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
Littlle subtle differences that make it unique. Nice...

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Needs to go lower, partly to fix the positive camber at the front, but does have potential!

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
The wheels look massive, car looks great dude :)

G

Unregistered
Cant lower in this country unless I want to spend every other week at the pannel beaters fixing the botom end and spoilers.
We are actually talking about raising it a 1cm for even extra clearance from the shhiitt house roads here.
Cheers
Brembos in tomorrow.

G

Unregistered
Hey guys.
After getting my nice 19" amistad rims with brand new advan tyres for a ridiculous $250 for the lot I have to sell them.
They dont clear the brembos and after trying to get spacers made up and new bolt pins I have thrown in the towl and started to look for a set that clear's the brembo's.
I will post some pics of the amistad rims as over here in bishkek in two weeks I have bent the front right in 6 places and two are big dents and the left in 3 places and I havnt checked the rear wheels yet.
The holes on the roads after winter are massive and on two or three occasions I was amazed I didnt blow the tyre up as the bang was so huge it scared the missus.
Front wheel is very buckled and going in for repair and then straigh up for sale so hope I turn a profit.
I did however get prommised a set of 17" rays turismo rims tomorrow.
I will paint the wheels a nice metalic as soon as i get them.
They are on a magna at the moment and the clearance of standard rims on a magna between the calipers is the length of a finger nail but the clearance on the rays wheels is 3/4 of my index finger so fingers crossed that they clear the brmbos.
Will no for sure tomorrow but I gave them the stock 16" enkei's of the leggie and they are giving me the rays wheels as a exchange.
Anyone know what the rays rims weigh?
Cheers

swift5_8

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tomas
Drive
Current: Legnum, Datsun 260z x 3
Past: 180sx, gti-r sold R32 GTS4, 1972 Restored Celica
Nooooo! that sucks mate, they looked good on your car.

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
anyone got a measurement how far from the rotor to the inside of the wheel is needed to fit brembos?

G

Unregistered
really sucks that I have to change rims.
i will post pics of what happened to the 19"s after two weeks of driving around kyrgyzstan.
Very scary. Wheels are bent all over the place.
Am actually looking forward to the 17"s and getting tyres with more height and doing some rally driving as the 19"s just cant take it.
I wish postage was cheap from here as I would palm them of to one of you guys as they are aq perfect wheel for down under.

Top Bottom