nissan 350gt

bratwurst_boy

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
daniel
Drive
98 legnum type s, jzza70 supra
hey guys, i'm looking at buying a new car and i'm tossing up between a nissan skyline 350 gt, in sedan, or a mitsubishi 380 vrx. i like the look of both of them and they both have the same size engine. so i was just looking for your guys opinions.

cheers

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Personally I hate the 380's, I can't say why, but I would definitely be going with the 350gt. In my opinion they look nicer, but I guess it also depends what the application is. Are you going to modify?

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
talk about comparing chalk and cheese..... but I would suggest the 350GT will hold its value far better over the next 2-3 years.
Style wise, the 350GT sedan looks horrible (dont know how they f**ked it up when the coupe is so shit hot) BUT I must admit I haven't seen a decent sedan done VIP styles, which I think the shape would suit.

So, stock for stock, go the 350GT based on Japanese Nissan build Vs Australia Mitsubishi build quality.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
A VRX or GT version of the 380 isn't a bad looking car. The 350GT Skyline sedan just doesn't do it for me at all! The newer 370GT Skyline Sedan's are a lot better, I dunno if you guys can get them over there yet though.

cittris

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristian
Drive
2001 Tarmac Black Evo VII
The newer 370GT Skyline Sedan's are a lot better, I dunno if you guys can get them over there yet though.

Yeah we can! Fucking sexy!

OT: 350GT hands down

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
Do you want FWD or RWD? That's really the question. Can't believe I'm saying this but the 380 S3 VRX looks heaps better than the 350GT Sedan.

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
I'm importing a V36 sedan for a bloke at the moment for $27K landed and complied...

As for comparing any Skyline with a 380GT, RWD is enough to give them the win. The 380 is a half decent car to hustle, but owning one like going out with a hideous looking girl with a great personality...99% of the population won't appreciate how good you've got it ;)

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
I'd go the 380, but that's mainly because I loathe Nissans. I reckon the 380s have potential, especially because you can pick them up so cheap.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Clearly you need to start searching for a 2002 legnum with less than 50,000k's.

No brainer!

drez

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dre
Drive
Galant type S 2000
350GT for me, so you can do a bit of sideways action when u bored haha,,

bratwurst_boy

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
daniel
Drive
98 legnum type s, jzza70 supra
thanks for the input guys, i'm more leaning towards the 350gt. i'm looking for an auto (please don't hurt me the missus only has her auto's).

this is what i'd like mine to look like. i like the front grill and the wheels aren't to bad either. i'd like to keep it pretty stock, maybe just exhaust and i really like that they have a pop up tv screen in the front.

8439000.jpg

here is the vrx that i like. i've already found that RPW do modifications for this and like the 350gt i'd like to keep it pretty stock.

27046462.jpg

i think that both cars have potential and i don't mind FWD or RWD, i've had both in the past and they can be equally fun in my books

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
For the money get a V8 Cima. HEAPS nicer car, more power and if you were considering a FWD then the fact its a bit heavy will be of no object to you.

The best thing about the Cima is that it looks like a 3rd world dictator's car from factory, so you wouldn't need to mod anything ;)

nissan_cima_1.jpg

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
What about the Y34 Cedric/Gloria? I remember a certain importer commenting on it being better then the V35 sedan in almost every way...

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
What exactly is the difference between the Gloria and Cedric? I think I'd prefer a Gloria just because while both names are stupid, the Cedric has a truely awful name. Looking at the specs available the lower end ones appear to be virtually identical, but the Cedric's tend to have higher end models that are more expensive.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
What exactly is the difference between the Gloria and Cedric? I think I'd prefer a Gloria just because while both names are stupid, the Cedric has a truely awful name. Looking at the specs available the lower end ones appear to be virtually identical, but the Cedric's tend to have higher end models that are more expensive.

Pretty sure they're just different specs. The j-spec website had a good explanation bit it is down at the moment.

Top Bottom