OzVR4 Mascot

G

Unregistered
Ive been playing around with this little guy for a while now and a couple of the Queenslanders saw him at the last meet but i wanted to post him up here and see what the reaction of the community was.

Ozzy.png

I guess first of all i hope everyone can tell what he is. If you can't its a Wombat, i went with a wombat because its an Australian animal that runs on all fours and can be quite quick on their feet.

He will probably undergo a couple of changes when i get back to him (probably make him a little chubbier and a lot less boxier) but i would like to get some feed back on him first.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
haha, I like it!

Wombats are also built like brick-shit-houses and if you hit one, you car will be destroyed...... dunno if the VR4 is like that, but it would be nice to be associated with such strength :ROFLMAO:

G

Unregistered
Nice one brocky.. you're obviously very skilled!

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
He he's pretty cool! I'm a little worried about you playing around with him thought he looks a little young for that :p

I can imagine a line art version in a squatter more characterised form that I would even stick on the car.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Great work Brock!

I want to see a meaner version of him :)

...and put him in some Ralliart clothes!

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Very good. I like him.
Wombat - eats roots and leaves!!!!!!!!!!!!

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
very nice.. i like it.. does it also come with black shirt or red? and contrasting letters?!

G

Unregistered
nice i like it.. can he have a fmic.lol

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
I like it! a little bit more agression i reckon too but on the right track.

Have to see what the gods (Mike and Steve) have to say but i think its a good idea!!!

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
he looks great but i know we are in oz and this is the oz forum but why an oz animal when its a japanese car ????? i dont get why, shouldnt we find a cool japanese animal to use.

delicaclub did the same but used a kangaroo (who knows why) its a van 4x4 dont get the connection but still think we should use a japanese animal but thats just me

G

Unregistered
Wombats have amazing turning skills just like the VR4's!!!!! Great choice looks fantastic.

G

Unregistered
Thanks for the feed back guys. Id like to see what the powers that be say aswell.

i know we are in oz and this is the oz forum but why an oz animal when its a japanese car ????? i dont get why, shouldnt we find a cool japanese animal to use.

I pondered that for a while and i settled on an Australian animal simply because its a Australian Community and i felt the Wombat shares alot of common characteristics of the VR4 (and because im not up to speed on my native Japanese animals). Its not commonly know that the wombat is quite a fast runner, not unlike our cars. Once again the four wheel drive represented by the wombat running on all fours and the Wombat is a bit of an underdog when it comes to Australian Animal Mascots, everyone wants the Kangaroo or Koala.

But if anyone can think of a Japanese animal that would fit, in the end its really up to OzVR4.com as a whole (and the powers that be usually have a big imput into it).

Has he got a name?

No official name yet but my girl friend has dubbed him Ozzy until a final name is decided upon.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I like his eyes - they're giveaway Japanese with their animé styling. Having said that, I'd like to see him in a pair of sunnies and an OzVR4 cap ;)

Good work Brock :)

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Put him behind the steering wheel of your other pic.

Top Bottom