OzVR4 Mascot

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Are you going to make them continuous so its got a bit of a story to follow? You could take him through the highs and lows of import car ownership, humiliating bogans, people wondering "wtf car is that", trying to find parts and fix blown gearboxes lol, just some ideas. Keep them coming though, Im keen to see more

G

Unregistered
Nice to have the second toon out :)

I wish I could put them out more often but I don't know if I could keep up with it.

Are you going to make them continuous so its got a bit of a story to follow? You could take him through the highs and lows of import car ownership, humiliating bogans, people wondering "wtf car is that", trying to find parts and fix blown gearboxes lol, just some ideas. Keep them coming though, Im keen to see more

At the moment there is no real direction (story) for the comic, just a collection of comics revolving around a particular character (Oz the wombat, not the VR4 :p). I hope to develop Oz with a story line, but there is nothing official at the moment.

No need to fix blown gearboxes, I think he drives a manual :)
Killing clutches & diffs with 7000rpm launches then :)

If only cops WOULD pull cars like that over.

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
I have a great idea for a comic strip. Perhaps Oz goes to bunnings to buy a long piece of timber, can't fit it in his girly mobile, sells and upgrades to a Legnum? :p

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Haha he looks pretty cool!

I couldn't work it out at first, I thought Meerkat!

Looking forward to seeing your progress :)

G

Unregistered
I have a great idea for a comic strip. Perhaps Oz goes to bunnings to buy a long piece of timber, can't fit it in his girly mobile, sells and upgrades to a Legnum? :p

When Oz bought his VR4, a Galant was better suited to his needs, but just because he owns the lighter, nimbler VR4 doesn't mean he doesn't respect the people who needed more of a mule than a stallion :p

I can't pin point the reason Oz drives a Galant, but part of the reason was because it better suited his personality and modifying influence (and a small part is because I drive one :p).

Haha he looks pretty cool!
I couldn't work it out at first, I thought Meerkat!
Looking forward to seeing your progress :)

Thanks, I look forward to seeing my progress as well (a little secret, the VR4 in the first strip was my first real hand drawn car).

It's not always easy to make an animal look like what it's supposed to be when you are giving it human properties.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Haha yeah I can imagine! I'm not discrediting your work at all too btw :)

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
No need to fix blown gearboxes, I think he drives a manual :)

By tomorrow i'll hopefully be able to tell you what went in my manual gearbox :p they aren't all bulletproof :(
Seems to be a bearing, just a matter of which one(s)

Loved the typical hyundi with doof, decals and a massive wing bahaha. Suprised it'd be able to spin its wheels however :p must have been wet road.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
stories:

finding oem parts
spending forever on the phone explain what car you hav and whats in it.
talkin to bogans about magnas
grinding clutches
squealy brembos
ayc blowing up or ayc giving you lots of smiles
hunting down elusive jap wares
takin passengers on the first trip in the car "why'd you buy this thing....whoa!"

but good work brock, i like the idea and execution of it all

By tomorrow i'll hopefully be able to tell you what went in my manual gearbox :p they aren't all bulletproof :(
Seems to be a bearing, just a matter of which one(s)

Loved the typical hyundi with doof, decals and a massive wing bahaha. Suprised it'd be able to spin its wheels however :p must have been wet road.

dont be silly, only one wheel was spinning :p

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
You need to feature a commodore driver at a set of lights harrassing about driving a funny looking magna, then having the VR-4 pull away :)

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
You need to feature a commodore driver at a set of lights harrassing about driving a funny looking magna, then having the VR-4 pull away :)

Or just have Oz wind his window down and say "Nice offset..." :p

G

Unregistered

Or just have Oz wind his window down and say "Nice offset..." :p

I can't always pick on Commonw****s, there are so many other cars out there to make fun of. Like the ugliest car ever made, the Micra and just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, they brought out the new verson :p

G

Unregistered
the Ford Ka is worse

The Ford Ka is a close third in my list of ugliest cars. The first is the 2011 Nissan Micra and second is the 2005 Nissan Micra (forth is any car that come from the factory in pink).

bails

Crunching Gears
First Name
Adam
Drive
2000 Legnum, S15 silvia, S13 silvia race car
Your list is pretty much spot on, although at position 1 i would have the micra convertible, now that was an ugly car

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
^ Mitsi Colt convertible is almost just as bad.

Top Bottom