Paint my Brembos for me???

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
Hey guys.

Chasing someone to paint my Evo 8 brembos for me. They are peeling a bit and I want them blue. I absolutely HATE painting and everything to do with paint so i would be more then happy to pay someone to do it.

If you have done it before or are more then capable I am quite willing to buy all the products to do it and pay you a small fee for your troubles.

Let me know if anyones up for it :D

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
ill paint em, my fee: your brembo's :p

get em overhauled and powder coated at the same time

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Tempting.... :p

Soo many conflicting things about what to do paint/powdercoat etc. I'm in over my head. I don't like thinking about it too much, I just like my car... done. Haha.

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
haha do you even have the car yet? your getting so much stuff

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
I've done 3 sets so far, sandblasted 2 of them (of course I didn't sandblasted mine)

It all depends on how much fading and peeling you've got. Get a can from supercheap or Repco for $20 and order Brembo decal stickers off ebay (say $9) (go for high temperature stickers!). Have had no problems with them so far.

G

Unregistered
Trigger and blue is going to be an interesting combination.

I was so very close to painting mine black when I redid mine, but I decided to stick with the red. I didn't sandblast them as Tom described, just sanded them back, paint (VHT from Repco), stickered, then clearcoat. Pretty simple really.

When do you take possession of the car?

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Taking delivery in about 3 weeks. Shipping is ghey so I had to try and organise most things early so I can put them on nice and quickly.

The reason I am wanting to go blue on the brakes is that the time-attack decals on my wheels will be blue as will the wheel nuts. Should keep everything in one colour scheme.

The brakes are peeling quite a bit. Was just looking to strip the brakes, paint blue, brembo decals and a few coats of high temperature clear.

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
I didn't use clear coat at all, did you Stephen?

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
ill be goin silver with purple metallic if i ever get brembos

and defiantly get clear over the top

Top Bottom