Possible MAF problem

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
So I finally put in my Walbro fuel pump a couple of days ago and everything seemed fine. Car started up fine, idled fine, cruising at 50km in 4th gear is fine, WOT is fine. Cool.

Now gentle throttle to go a couple of kms faster and usually between 2800-3200rpm the car hesitates/stutters.

One of my work mates suggested that it could be the maf as he had a similar problem in a toyota levin, he replaced the maf in the levin and it was all good.

So after work I disconnected the maf and drove home. It idled like a sack of crap but it didnt hesitate/stutter like it did before.

So is my maf buggered?

whats_doing

QLD Events Manager
First Name
Sam
Drive
98 PFL Black Legnum - SOLD
MY15 Hyosung GT650R
When was the last time your plugs were changed?

d3ck5

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dexter
Drive
VR4, VR6
could be

i had the same issue.

light throttle sometimes brought up stuttering and hesitation.

a more pronounced prod of the peddle got rid of it.

it was quite random, but frequent.

WOT no problem.

i ended up getting a replacement MAF and havent had any issues thus far.

pretty sure mine was buggered, or at least not operating 100%.

i only swapped it out last week and yeah, so far so good. almost like a new car to be honest.

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
Plugs were changed probably less than 2 months ago.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
I'd assume vacuum/boost leak first

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
I will probably do a boost leak test in the weekend.

I put my other fuel pump back in and the car is running fine. No hesitation like before. So Im stumped. That makes me think its the walbro but it was fine besides the hesitation on light throttle

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
Possible pressure reg problem having issues with extra flow of walbro? Did u change the oring for the walbro?

Badger

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
Manual Super Legnum VR4
Possible pressure reg problem having issues with extra flow of walbro? Did u change the oring for the walbro?

Yeah i was thinking that it could be the stock fpr causing the issue. I ended up using some fuel line instead of an o-ring and the pump was nice and tightly snug in the fuel pump cradle.

The fuel pump that was in the car is a Denso 195130-2330 which I've found is for an Eclipse

Top Bottom