Power Steering Fluid & Air conditioning Fluid box

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Is it just standard power steering fluid that is required or something special? Sorry for the stoopid question... Also I noticed a Air conditioning fluid box (sorry I don't have a pic and I'm going from Memory) it's at the back of the engine bay and mines empty (sorry again if this is another stoopid question) but is that meant to be full of something? :confused:

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
there is a brake fluid thing at the rear of the engine bay, maybe thats what you mean?The power steering just runs on normal fluid.

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
It's to the rear and right facing the car, the power steering box is to the left and rear... Any old Fluid or is there any recommendations?

G

Unregistered
its not the clutch fluid reservoir is it? im prob wrong

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Mat you need ATF SPII or SPIII compliant fluid, basically the same stuff you're using in your auto transmission (if you have one) and your AYC system. If it were just being used as a hydraulic fluid I wouldn't worry too much about brands and quality, but as it's used to lubricate your steering rack I recommend Amsoil's ATF (which exceeds the SPIII spec).

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Thanks Trev, err Mod's if you want delete the Air-conditioner part from the title as I was thinking of our other car... :)

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I'm still confused about what you're talking about. Are you talking about the cylindrical black canister?

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Haha no Brad, he got confused with another car altogether - the VR4 doesn't have the reservoir that he mentioned in his first post after all ;)

Top Bottom