pre FL vs post FL

G

Unregistered
it may sound stupid but im not to familiar with the new galants and legnums. so can someone post a picture of pre and post FL. i dont no the difference. and is there anything else that changes. ive got a 1997 legnum on the way.
cheers

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
I'll just use pics from the Members Ride section for this :)

The main quickly noticable differences are the front bars and the rears.. For more details on the rest, check out the link posted above :)

Pre-Facelift:
P1000326.jpg

legnum002.jpg

Facelift:
Wharf04.jpg

3.JPG

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
picture.php

Tom, if I'm not mistaked the Pre FL rear shot is not a stock rear bumper and the sides skirts leading into rear bumper isn't stock either

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Yeah that white pre-facelift has flares and side skirts which are not S1 gear.

Basically the S2 look newer and cooler ok. I am in no way biased.

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
LOL, hugh, I'm torn, love S2 rear end, but definitely like the S1 more from the front

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Hi Dawso,

you back to the grind too today.

so that means you have it arse about face then......

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Hugh, those end caps on that white car are on a lot of cars, I think they were an optional extra or possibly standard on late model prefacelifts, say 1998 cars.

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Hmmm, apologies Hugh, thanks for correcting me brad, you learn something everyday...

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Hi Dawso,

you back to the grind too today.

so that means you have it arse about face then......

Yeah first day back..... Its not so bad though, was a bit of a bludge catching up on 200 emails

I do not have a face like an arse..... Oh wait.... What? ;)

I'm the opposite to you, i like the fl front and pfl rear. Maybe i'm just weird haha

G

Unregistered
I'm the opposite to you, i like the fl front and Series 1 rear. Maybe i'm just weird haha
Man you really are weird. :p

But at least its easy to put a facelift font bumper on a prefacelift for that look.

I prefer the facelift front and rear, as its looks more modern in my opinion and the bonet has a larger buldge. But at the end of the day they are mainly cosmetic differences and are both awsome.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Atleast there are 2 styles available to suit everybodys preferences without having one lack performance compared to another :)

G

Unregistered
auto series 1's are currently the quickest legnum AND galant in australia. ;)

super vr4 > s2 > s1 (in my opinion, before someone cracks the shits and gets my posts deleted again)

G

Unregistered
Yeah that white pre-facelift has flares and side skirts which are not S1 gear.

Tom, if I'm not mistaked the Pre FL rear shot is not a stock rear bumper and the sides skirts leading into rear bumper isn't stock either by ktty

Really?? i didnt know that, its my car, i had always thought they were stock lol.

thanx for using my ride dude, now u didnt get my consent so thats $50 cheers :p jokes :bigsmile::ROFLMAO:

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
LoL Gareth, your special, bradc pointed out its an option or was the on bums of late pre-fl, I'd never seen it before.... which doesn't mean much......

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
The side skirts are stock too. What isn't stock is the wide wheel arches which are from Type S facelifts.

G

Unregistered
mines a 97 so maybe they are after market. i never really looked that closely at the bodykit before lol. meh ill learn as i go, there's so much extra stuff on this car i find something new every week lol

G

Unregistered
The side skirts are stock too. What isn't stock is the wide wheel arches which are from Type S facelifts.

yeah thats what i thought, no one else seem to have them

Top Bottom