QLD Floods - Any members affected?

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
Hey all; Just wanted to touch base with other QLD members to see if anyone is affected by the recent floods?

My condolences to anyone who has suffered a loss of any kind and would be happy to help where I can.

Any stories or updated information would be great to post up.

QLD Flood Status - Rainfall
IDQ65122.gif

Mel-D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mel
Drive
2012 Ford Focus ST Manual,Tangerine. Evo 6 Blue manual.Had 2004 XR6 Falcon M11 Auto,Yellow GT stripes. 1999 Legnum Manual,White
The flash flood that went thru Toowoomba is just devistating and very sad for those that have lost family and friends. And not forgetting all those in other areas affected from the rain and flooding. Our condolences as well.

We are in the Redlands and are some of the lucky ones that are not affected by the floods.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
id be keen to know,

also, dunno if you can see this:

[Image not found]
constance street in The Valley

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
that's near BMW and the restaurant I used to work at.. my old Galant got flooded near that street about 6 or 7 years ago..

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4

That's just sobering how terrible and how quickly it escalated in Toowomba. Watch the whole five minutes to see the cars just being tossed about like toys :(

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
here's a quick pic from my work..

that was taken around 45 minutes ago..

if you look at the top right.. water level is almost levelled with the foot path..

same goes to the road (bottom part of the pic)

Milamber

Crunching Gears
First Name
Zach
Drive
POS
I wasnt really affected but I was sent home because the trains might of got shut down my way...

But I work with Andy (Parpin) and i got a txt from him saying that they are evacuating his place because he lives near a river... He was very glad that he drove his leggy into work today.

Mel-D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mel
Drive
2012 Ford Focus ST Manual,Tangerine. Evo 6 Blue manual.Had 2004 XR6 Falcon M11 Auto,Yellow GT stripes. 1999 Legnum Manual,White
Pete just got home 20min ago he was evacuated from Fortitude Valley his building has been closed and the basement level was taking on water. It is expected that the road (Brookes st and Wickham st) will go under with the King tide and the rain inflows.

G

Unregistered
The Brisbane River has officially burst banks. Not a good sign! Also, the vodafone building in brisbane is currently underwater, so anyone on vodafone/3/crazy johns may have network issues.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Sweet Jeebus.

I remember meeting up with you Bris crew Sept 2009 (last work trip to Brisbane... August 2010 was Gold Coast for Tech-Ed) and it was Lee, Christian and I walking the Riverwalk?

Seeing photos of other mates in Brisbane on the western bank on FaceBook is just freaky.

Milamber

Crunching Gears
First Name
Zach
Drive
POS
The Brisbane River has officially burst banks. Not a good sign! Also, the vodafone building in brisbane is currently underwater, so anyone on vodafone/3/crazy johns may have network issues.

That explains my signal issues...

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/brisbane-river-flood
Live Brisbane Feed...

St Lucia was evacuated. Caboolture is evacuated. My Fiancee is stranded in Morayfield (Morayfield Road) as her boss wouldn't let them go home and now they are completely surrounded. :( Listening to the Police scanner and hoping for one road to clear so she can get out as the water is still rising.

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/brisbane-river-flood
Live Brisbane Feed...

St Lucia was evacuated. Caboolture is evacuated. My Fiancee is standerd in Morayfield (Morayfield Road) as her boss wouldn't let them go home and now they are completely surrounded. :( Listening to the Police scanner and hoping for one road to clear so she can get out as the water is still rising.

If they have to stay I assume he/she is paying for all food and other necessities?

Hope she is ok.

Same with everyone else. Crazy crazy stuff.

G

Unregistered
What a dick - hope you get her home alright Brett.

All good here, lucky to live on top of a hill. If anyone needs a dry spot and has no where to go let me know...

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Just bonkers, hope everyone is ok (from the forums at least!).

Absolutely amazing how it rose so quickly in Toowoomba and then cleared off, i cant comprehend how the state of things is going to be on thursday in brisbane if everyone is freaking out already

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
Hey everyone, just updating. My fiancee' got home OK a hour or so ago. As she is the RACQ controller for the district, she had her patrols looking for roads that were not flooded and they managed to find one that was good enough to use. The convoy of staff were lucky enough to get through 20 mins before the road went under.

When I posted the information about the floods this morning I never thought it would happen to my family. :( Best of luck and best wishes to anyone affected or missing a loved one. I really can feel your pain.

Southeast has been torn apart from this flooding; even coming home from St Lucia I had to end up taking back roads and a few u-turns to make it to the highway.

Let us brace ourselves for the king tides and relief of the dam to come. Lets hope the death toll does not raise with the flood waters.

edit: For those interested, UQ (st Lucia) has been officially declared closed until Friday (At this stage). If you need any updates, PM me.

Thanks again to all those who said kind words. I really appreciate your support.

Top Bottom