QLD Floods - Any members affected?

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
I've heard that at least two from my office have had there houses go under.
That's the bad news the good news is because I work for a building company we will be doing anything it takes to get them sorted.

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
Thanks Christian; there was no backup plan however. They literally were stranded from all sides for hours, there is only 3-4 major ways in/out of morayfield road. Once they are gone, it is all over.

@Alan; I can see what you are saying mate, but as a manager myself, my first priority was to shutdown services and remove my personal from the hazard. I know my fiancee's boss and he is all about the $$$. He has no flood insurance cover for the 88 vehicles that have been damaged. (Many already sold). It is a family owned dealership and they only look out for themselves first. Lets say this isn't the first time I would like to report him as unfit to manage a business, let alone people. 'Duty of Care' doesn't factor in his decisions. We will be having a nice talk when all of this is over... and my financee is going to be looking for a new job.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Unfortunately some people are just that narrow minded that they cant see the bigger picture..

Update with the brisane cbd.. Well mainly most at my work..

Heritage listed properly between william st and queens wharf road is under threat, part of the road on william st had collapsed and water mains is Gushing out (is that a word?!?)

Half queens wharf road is under water already..

Commisariat building across Treasury Brisbane Hotel
[Image not found]

Water Level underneath the expressway..
[Image not found]

Water over the bike way on the bottom of Queens Wharf Road..
[Image not found]

G

Unregistered
@ovr, yea i hear ya, i have worked at similar places.
If they are that stupid that they put the value of a peice of replaceable metal over the value of a human life, then screw them....

Fully

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Shane
Drive
99 Galant VR4
Heritage listed properly between william st and queens wharf road is under threat, part of the road on william st had collapsed and water mains is Gushing out (is that a word?!?)

Geyser is the word you are looking for =)

I hope you are all safe.
The clean up is going to take a long time.

buduki

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Cheyne
Drive
Stocko Galant vr4 Type V
We QLD crew should have a meet to volunteer with the floods in Brisbane even if it is for one day?

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Just arrived home after overseas holiday- left 28 Dec. My house itself is fine, however, my driveway - which is around 750meters in length, is screwed. It's on the side of a hill, my house is at the top. Here are a few pics. Will need some serious engineering work to fix it. :( There are other areas that are affected, the pics below are the worst. of it.

Fortunately we have one car on the side of the driveway that will allow us to get to work- wfies car. Thought we'd lost that it as it was parked in an underground car park right next to the brisbane river but fortunately, the water didn't get that far. I have my GTR in a workshop but that was in one of the many places that went under water in Ipswich, but fortunately mine was up on a hoist and the engine was upstairs in the engine room ( THANKS MICK!!).

But really, i am lucky others are less fortunate.

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
Wow Simon, glad you guys came out of this without too much heartache. On a side note, talk about awesome driveway! (Minus the missing sections). It would be like a mountain cruize every time to come home (y)

Mel-D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mel
Drive
2012 Ford Focus ST Manual,Tangerine. Evo 6 Blue manual.Had 2004 XR6 Falcon M11 Auto,Yellow GT stripes. 1999 Legnum Manual,White
Good to hear was only your driveway that suffered and your'e OK.

G

Unregistered
Wow Simon, thats just crazy! Glad you and the family are all ok.

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
I think i'll be in/around the city with chelsea volunteering this weekend - anyone else going to be there?

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Yer thanks guys, will be some serious $$ to fix it but hey, it's only money.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
simon, maybe the qld crew could come up as labours one day if you need us?

Top Bottom