QLD Floods - Any members affected?

G

Unregistered
cable ties, rape tape (duct tape) and a hammer...

problem solved.

mesobitchi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mazz
Drive
Super RED Legnum
bloody ell! i didnt think it was this bad!
my thoughts go out to everyone who is effected by this!

Abusive

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 Legnum
Hey there everyone, this is the first time I have had to stop and take a breath since Monday night. For those of you that don't know I work for the Queensland Fire and Rescue Service. I was called into action on monday night and it was what you might call a little hectic. Tuesday the shit really hit the fan. 16 1/2 hours of unbelievable disaster would be a way to describe that day. Myself and 6 guys I work with went into full swing rescue mode. We worked together with 6 or 7 (to be honest I can't clearly remember) helicopters deployed from QFRS and NSW Rescue and evacuated somewhere in the count of 150+ people from rooftops of houses that were literally well over the gutters with flood water, not to mention the massive amount of people we pulled from homes and carried across flood water. Our town was declared an Island and we did all we could in unison with the QPS (police) and the QAS (the ambo's).

Wednesday was a relief as the rain eased off and to be honest saved us from what would have been a massive body count. The local dam reached a record high of 198% and was pretty darn close to letting go of it's safety wall. The people here pulled together and the evac centre we set up after evacuating 27 residents from the old peoples home on tuesday morning was soon full of volunteers, their efforts are nothing short of amazing.

We are now in clean up mode and are currently helping everyone we can with cleaning the unbelievable amount of mud and crap that has been left behind from roof to floor in their homes. Some areas are still unaccessable and the roads here and there are still under water.

I could post pictures of devistation that would simply fuck with your heads, but choose not to as a simple sign of respect to the losses people have suffered.

If you are in any way involved as a volunteer to assist with people who have suffered, I would personally like to thank you for the effort you are making.

I won't be back on for a while as I am still on 24hr call out for emergency and working pretty damn long days on clean up to get these peoples lives back together. I wish you all good luck and hope you are not in any way personally affected.

buduki

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Cheyne
Drive
Stocko Galant vr4 Type V
I think i'll be in/around the city with chelsea volunteering this weekend - anyone else going to be there?

Yes mate, I was in there today with my uncle and miso. Had to meet up at Boondal where we got on the bus and went to Albion, then got sent back to Boondal as there was enough poeple already, then sent to Newfarm where most of the work had already been done. Though will be back in on Tuesday.

buduki

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Cheyne
Drive
Stocko Galant vr4 Type V
Wow Justin. Great work yoú and your crew have done! Great to see we have such proffessional and skilled poeple such as yourself watching our backs.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Thanks for the offer guys although i think it'll take alot of equipment/ machinery to fix it. I have an engineer coming out this week to have a loo to see what we can do if anything. I appreciate the offer though.
My wife and i are off into Brissy tomorrow to volunteer, nothing we can do here at the moment, so may as well help some other :)
My wifes cousin was probably one of the last out of gratham before it was engulfed. Very scary stuff.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Well I just got here. There was plenty of damage on the way here I can tell you, let alone where i'm working tomorrow!

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Jebus everyone, it sounds like your all doing an amazing job with the recovery effort. I wish there was more we could do from down here.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Jebus everyone, it sounds like your all doing an amazing job with the recovery effort. I wish there was more we could do from down here.

It sounds like VIC is going to be having its own troubles with flooding from what I'm hearing?

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
Yeah apparently west Vic has already flooded

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
Well done Abusive, blokes like you a fucking legends! Hopefully you can get some rest soon :)

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
Yes mate, I was in there today with my uncle and miso. Had to meet up at Boondal where we got on the bus and went to Albion, then got sent back to Boondal as there was enough poeple already, then sent to Newfarm where most of the work had already been done. Though will be back in on Tuesday.

Yeah i was on one of the busses to Albion where we waited nearly 2 hours to go back to boondall too - then we drove ourselves to newfarm and were there cleaning for the rest of the day. How unorganised were they hey? Not checking Albion prior... And in Albion everyone went into the church when it rained, i took a photo. Fullest i've seen a church in a while of people with brooms shovels and gumboots ;)

buduki

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Cheyne
Drive
Stocko Galant vr4 Type V
Yeah i was on one of the busses to Albion where we waited nearly 2 hours to go back to boondall too - then we drove ourselves to newfarm and were there cleaning for the rest of the day. How unorganised were they hey? Not checking Albion prior... And in Albion everyone went into the church when it rained, i took a photo. Fullest i've seen a church in a while of people with brooms shovels and gumboots ;)

Lmao. its good to see everyone eager to help though. Sunday was a mess went in with the old man in the tippa near darra and its far worse than you see on the news. A whole industrial estate went under and everything was lost. Hectic.

Top Bottom