rattle between 2-3000 RPM

Skip187

Crunching Gears
First Name
Shane
Drive
2000 Type-S Cold Spec
I am concerned bout a rattle noise that started the other nite sounds like it is coming from passenger side under the bonnet. I have checked as much as my eyes and hands can get to to make sure nothing was loose but still it remains. Once boost is on it goes away. Although I have only driven down the street to check I am a lil bit concerned. Car still drives fine except for the said noise. Anybody have any ideas what it could be?

mchieff

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dennis
Drive
Legnum
Loose wheel nuts or stuffed wheel bearings? Or does it happen when stationary (i.e bonnet up and rev the engine)?

mchieff

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dennis
Drive
Legnum
Hmm, then it will be transmission bearings i'd say as thats passenger side, maybe big end bearing?
Is it auto or manual?

Skip187

Crunching Gears
First Name
Shane
Drive
2000 Type-S Cold Spec
Still there when clutch is in so pretty sure its not clutch or box mechanical is going to have a look 2morrow hopefully its something minor that's loose that I can't get to

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
It could be 1 of a 1000 things. Not much point with people speculating. If your free come by on the week end with the other Legnums/VR4s I am doing (lol) and I'll have a look with you.

Skip187

Crunching Gears
First Name
Shane
Drive
2000 Type-S Cold Spec
cheers jon but i have found the source of the problem with the help of some guys @ work and some listening! we have found this ! sorry bout the size! hopefully i can weld it back up @ work 2morrow otherwise i will be looking for a new rear muffler.

o.

unsure how the tuner/mechanic didnt notice this mid january when he did a full inspection and retune ????o_O:confused:

again sorry bout the size

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
Love the ghetto welding.

Not pretty, but effective!

Fully

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Shane
Drive
99 Galant VR4
Nice welding mate.
I would of rounded it back out first (the flat spot) or it it meant to be like that?

Skip187

Crunching Gears
First Name
Shane
Drive
2000 Type-S Cold Spec
Put in 3mm plate to patch it up will only b a temp fix till I get another daily and clean it all up plus ran outta time @ Tafe

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
Which TAFE do you have tradeschool at? Welding thin sheet like mufflers can be hard...as I've found out. I'm doing a welding course through TAFE (professional developmet/free lol) at the moment and really enjoying it.

Top Bottom