Rego with hks ssqv bov

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
I've got rego coming up and i'm wondering if i should change the bov back to stock for rego. Have people had any problem with getting rego with an atmo bov fitted??

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
If you were in QLD you wouldn't have to even worry! But you would be paying more me thinks :(

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
David, that would really depends on your mechanic I say. When I had my rego renewed, I have my SARD R2D2 on the car and the rego passed with flying colours.

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
take it to the dodgy korean mechanic. they are easy to pass because they do not know that on earth it is~ (i am korean also)

wendnarb

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
1998 VR4 legnum
Theirs a really good (dodgey) Vietnamese mecahnic that I always go to to get my rego! He seriously looks at the car puts the brake thing on tests them then your good to go! I really dont think he cares about anything at all! His in bankstown if you want his details!

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
I think i'll try it with it on and if it fails i'll return to stock then refit after

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Not sure about the law in NSW but in Victoria we are allowed 2 modifications on the motor.

Take it to a mechanic that doesn't know what a BOV is, there are lots out there.

G

Unregistered
ive never had a problem, only once when i had my familia. all i did was take the bov off block the vacuum line with a bolt, use a rubber stopper and hose clamp to block the hole were the bov was. just take it, if they pick it up they pick it up, at the end of the day they know ur just goning to by pass it by using a method like mine and get it passed then put it back on anyway..
my legnum did fail last year, not to the atmo bov, or the air filter, but to my parkers not functioning lol.... what a tool

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Not sure about the law in NSW but in Victoria we are allowed 2 modifications on the motor.

Nope. There's no law or regulation that says that.

You might be thinking of the EPA rule stating that only one intake modification is allowed.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
I didn't have to take my VR4 for rego check thingy! RTA thought it was a 2008 model?

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Me either??? Date of manufacture is the date of compliance on mine.... 2007 I think?

I had no issues getting it BLUE slipped with a VTA so you'll be right Dave :)

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
dawso's bov is loud as (its still ringing in my ears after driving behind you to willbowbank :p ), so if he passed rego you should aswell.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Just find a dodgy place lol

Top Bottom