Replacing the clutch

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
Definately agree with paul with getting them to supply the clutch. And wouldnt recommend the evo SO. My 2c

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
by they you mean the clutch remakers? just your pressure plate and friction plate.

Yeah that what I mean, So do you need to give your old ones to them or do they make them from scratch? So do you just say "I want you to make a clutch for this car(Legnum) that has the same performance as a heavy duty after marked EVO clutch, I'm aiming for ***kw at the wheels and ill mostly do street driving with the odd track or drag day"?

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
thats what i did. clutch is in the mail, car is still driving so i can confirm you dont need to send them the old one :) hopefully ill have mine in in the next couple of weeks if anyone wants to wait and see how a custom one goes (my god i hope it goes well and nothing else)

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Hahaha, yeah that would be great. Id be interested to see how that place Simon recommended goes. Sounds like a good clutch, thats about the same specs as an aftermarket Evo one isn't it?

cittris

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristian
Drive
2001 Tarmac Black Evo VII
Hey Guys,

I found a place that will do my clutch i just need to tell them what clutch i want.

Why would the Evo SO Clutch not be right for me.

If you were to pick one from teh Exedy range. What would it be and why?

Thanks for the input so far!

knickers

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nic
Drive
'99 EC5A VR-4 Type V
Very interested in seeing how any custom jobs come out. Hand up to do a group buy if there are enough numbers, and theres a good clutch for the $$.

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
haha i hate being the test bunny. then if you guys go and get it cheaper than me....

clutch should be here within the next week, ill do my best to get it in asap and report back

cittris

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristian
Drive
2001 Tarmac Black Evo VII
Ok guys after much deliberation i have decided.
I will be getting my clutch replaced by Techsport.
They charge $1495 for Exedy HD clutch installed. takes a full day.
Little bit more than what i can get else where however they hae done it before so that is why i am going with them.

Will report back. look at getting it done not next week the week after.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
You should be fine with that, Tristian. And that's a decent price if it's parts and labour inclusive.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
hell yeah thats a great price

my clutch install ended up costing.....$2845.60!!!

yup, that was completely shite

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
Are there any benefits over getting your clutch rebuilt, or going the Magna HD clutch. It appears that both will cost around $750 and both have around the same clamping pressure (900kg) and same friction material.

I would see the benefit of going the Magna kit would be the time required to complete the job, ie. no waiting for the clutch to be rebuilt.

So I don't see any good reason to get our stock one rebuilt. Perhaps?

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
its whatever tickles your fancy. id go the magna one if i had to do it again.

only reason i got a rebuild is cause i already had it, and the evo SG, sittin on a workbench.

it only take a few hours to rebuild them

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
I felt a standard clutch last weekend.... It was poop lol, like pushing a wet sponge and slowly waiting for it to decompress on return

Top Bottom