Roof Racks Crossbars

bratwurst_boy

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
daniel
Drive
98 legnum type s, jzza70 supra
hey guys,

Just by chance today I ran into a rep from Pro Rack (NZ company that make roof racks) I asked him about racks for the legnum. He showed me a new rack thats just out that can be used on our existing roof runners and they look like the Rola Rb style posted by lee in the WTB thread . They are simple and easy to install and best of all they are adjustable by about 50mm each side and lockable so people can't steal them.

The only bad thing is he didn't have a listing in his aussie catalogue for the legnums but he said there might be one in the NZ catalogue. So i'm going to give him a call maybe tomorrow and see what he says. hopefully there is one in the NZ catalogue and so we don't have to modify them.

cheers
dan

G

Unregistered
I just installed the Pro Rack 'X' series cross bars to my Legnum last weekend.

The bars I installed are the 'X2' which are adjustable from 800mm - 900mm which is spot on for our cars. The cross bars do sit flush on our rails but aren't lockable. These racks I believe are available at most roof rack suppliers, but I grabbed mine from Super Cheap as they currently have them on special for $179.

easy 10 minute install with NO modifications at all - rated to 65kg

G

Unregistered
Okey Dokey, here they are.

IMG_1467.jpg

IMG_1468.jpg

IMG_1469.jpg

As you can see, they're don't have the same profile as the Rola RB series, but when weighing up cost, availablility and ease of installation (no mods at all), they'll do me fine.

G

Unregistered
on sale at Super Cheap Auto for $179 the pair (usually $229 apparently).

Check their website, they're on there.

kasperflipped

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
trent
Drive
1997 legnum
went to supercheap tonight and picked myself up a pair. Now i can carry my mini mal to the coast. Thanks for the heads up on this darren

G

Unregistered
How would you go putting attachments to this brand of bar? do they fit Rolla or Rhino Bike racks ect?

That is the main reason i am looking at getting racks for my rig

smileymertz

Crunching Gears
First Name
Kylie
Drive
White S1/S2 front bar 97 Legnum VR4
Just thought I would add to this post, as I came across it when I was doing my homework;

I shopped around, and went with the rhino sports racks cause it will be easier to get accessories for bikes, boards, etc. They are a bit bulky, so I just had to have them far enough forward so I could pop my sunroof up.

I have a no-name pod to go on too......can't do everything on my own :p, so it will go up on the weekend.

K

Attachments

• 0904020001c.jpg
    0904020001c.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 124
  • 0904020002.JPG
    0904020002.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 113
G

Unregistered
I shopped around, and went with the rhino sports racks cause it will be easier to get accessories for bikes, boards, etc. They are a bit bulky, so I just had to have them far enough forward so I could pop my sunroof up.

Interesting, so the pre-facelift sunroof goes up & back then? The facelifts slide back inside the roof.

Mac Dog

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Macca
Drive
Red 1997 Legnum
No, they go inside the roof too. However, when you just pop the sunroof up the rear end of the glass sticks up.

smileymertz

Crunching Gears
First Name
Kylie
Drive
Yep, correct. Two options.

Pics of sunroof popped at the back. K

Attachments

• 0904020006.JPG
    0904020006.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 75
  • 0904020005.JPG
    0904020005.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 70
  • 0904020003.JPG
    0904020003.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 71
G

Unregistered
How do you pop it up? I just tried on my facelift and couldn't get any popping action happening. :(

smileymertz

Crunching Gears
First Name
Kylie
Drive
I push the sunroof button in the middle, then slide it towards the bonnet to close it. My sunroof button is up above the rear vision mirror, next to the interior light. :)

G

Unregistered
Hey, I've only had the car a few weeks and never had a sunroof before. :ROFLMAO: But I just went out and tried it, and POP up it went. That's cool!

I did however figure out how to automatically grab & pull the cover back closed with the sunroof glass, and that with the remote central locking key you can automatically wind the windows up.. and down too.

Sorry to hijack this thread.. so back on topic now. So, I see that making sure you have the cross bars properly placed is important to think about with the sunroof on our cars.

Top Bottom