Roof Racks Crossbars

smileymertz

Crunching Gears
First Name
Kylie
Drive
White S1/S2 front bar 97 Legnum VR4
Woohoo....it is so exciting finding new stuff with these cars....and the list seems to go forever! Enjoy your 'popped' sunroof :)

I don't have the auto window function with my central locking......it was disabled in compliance....and I am happy with it that way....not so sure I want any little fingers jammed! I have the details about how to change it back at a later date :)

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I don't have the auto window function with my central locking......it was disabled in compliance....and I am happy with it that way....not so sure I want any little fingers jammed! I have the details about how to change it back at a later date :)

I wouldn't be worrying about jammed fingers. The sensors are so touchy that you'd never even get a bruise if you stuck your finger in the way of a closing window. If they detect any resistance they wind back down.

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
It took me so long to figure out that the sunroof could slide back twice, another inch or so. And thats also how you get it to pull the fabric cover back into place, duh.
My windows also got done for compliance, and they totally ruined the pad so it can't even be fixed to auto close or open. Very annoying to spend the time ripping it apart to find it's totally disabled...looks like i'll be giving Ripsubishi Australia a call to source a new touch pad.
Also I think those $179 roof racks look quite schmick actually, i wouldn't notice the difference between them and the ROLA racks unless I really looked, or you told me.

G

Unregistered
Back On Topic, the super cheap look pretty good, i got some thule ones at Xmas and have used them a few times to carry a couple of Bike and are heaps easy to put on (sub 10 min) and are all fully lockable.

Havn't used them for anything eles yet

G

Unregistered
Does anyone know of any options if you dont have the roof rails?

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
I second that question. Do the NZ guys have any idea?

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
we used to have foam ones for our falcon to put surfoards on to. they just hook onto the top of the door frames and have foam tubes lying across the roof. nothing permanent, but if you're just looking for something quick to carry light loads

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
Guess you'll need to get the ones that hook into the roof water channels...

Johnwastakenalready

Idling at the Lights
First Name
John
Drive
1997 Manual Legnum VR4
Triumph Daytona 675
For anyone out there looking around for some roof rack crossbars i came across another option,

Menabo is an italian manufacturer of roof racks and accessories etc, There is a guy based on the central coast (NSW) who imports them and sells them online, his business is called redlupo, they have a website.
I can confirm that the "brio" and "dozer" 120cm cross bars fit our cars.
I got a set of Brio cross bars for $120, pretty damn cheap. They are simple, lockable and aluminum, but probably not as good quality as the more expensive options.

Top Bottom