SA will motor transport accept boost controller?

eddyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddy
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S, 2007 Kawasaki ZX14
SA readers, i need to transfer rego on my legnum from NSW to SA.

this involves a identity check etc at regency park

car is stock except electronic boost controller/turbo timer

Will they force me to remove the EBC/turbo timer, or will this go through ok?

cheers

Eddy

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
No it won't be allowed - they can defect/send for full inspection for it.

However seeing as you are just having an identity check, if you hide the controller well up under your dash, and the solenoid in the engine bay isn't obvious, you may get away with it... worth a shot ;)

G

Unregistered
definately worth a shot if its only an ID check. i did my ID check after compliance and i had a 3" cat back exhaust and lowered tein suspension and was fine :)

G

Unregistered
Yeah my original exhaust was loud as hell and they still let me though. I'd be careful with the turbo timer though - they could get picky with that.

JRVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 galant type V manual
in my experience, if you take it through regency park with anything less than stock your cactus. You live in hahndorf yeah? Take it to murray bridge for the id check, its what i've done for a couple of cars all they check is the numbers they dont care how heavily modified the car is.

G

Unregistered
Yeah what he said^^^^^ but if you can nail down one of the coppers in williamstown they will be more interested in the car and wont give a rats ass what is on the car.But be prepared for "nice magna mate". Just hide the turbo timer and be all thanks sir no sir I wont sir. It has got me off heaps (i lived there for the 5 years) and I think it would be closer then Murray bridge and a better drive. Bring a torch and clean off the area around the number and you will be done in 5 min!! You are in a country post code?? if so that will let you do it at any country police station.

eddyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddy
Drive
thanks guys, hahndorf is within 40kms of GPO, so strictly i have to go to regency, i think ill remove the in cabin controllers and hope they dont notice the teed wastegate lines etc, its pretty innocuous..

but i may ring murray bridge and ask them if theyll do it first..

eddyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddy
Drive
i cant believe stephen got (presumably adjustabl tein coilovers through.. amazing..

damian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Damian
Drive
2000 black legnum
You could also try the inspection station at marion on Sturt Rd. Its the tin sheds next to the police station.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Take the turbo timer out, they are pointless for these cars anyways lol.....

Boost controllers are easy to hide, especially temporarily :D

Check the boost controllers thread to see where the rest of us have hidden them

They shouldn't pick up on the engine bay stuff, its NORMALLY fairly inconspicuous.....

G

Unregistered
mine arent actually coilovers...they are just height adjustable teins (no camber/damper controls) but it is relatively low, and also a 3" cat back which certainly doesnt sound stock *evil grin*

eddyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddy
Drive
Agree, thanks for the advice.. yeah the turbo timer can probably go altogether...

G

Unregistered
are the turbos on our cooled seperately? so there's no need to let it run even for a few seconds after driving?

having owned turbo cars for the past few years its a natural habit to leave it running for about 30secs before switching off...

jonzy

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Cameron
Drive
8th gen Galant VR4
i dont know about that i have had some major heat coming off the turbos. my turbo timer is hid in the coin box. i have an place in the country so i can get the country cop to do the id check! :)

G

Unregistered
lol kristian. they wouldnt be the first turbo's ive blown :p

eddyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddy
Drive
went through regency ok, (i temporarily removed the boost controller)

the only think i had to fix was the chassis vin was stamped on a aluminium plate and riveted to the body. they wanted to see the VIN stamped on the body, specifically on top of the strut tower.

they confiscated the flare under the dash.

they had a good look at the tint and the side window plastic outer shields.

so i went over the road and had the VIN stamped there and then. ($50!) rip off, but convenient.

the tyres are clearly jap tyres, bridgestone 'playys" but had no problem (V rated) with them.

all the boost hosing and (black EBC) solenoid under the bonnet they didnt notice or it didnt bother them, probably the former.

Eddy

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Excellent news Eddy - Hope to see you out and about.
Have you got some photo's of your car? You should start a members ride thread too with some details ;)

Top Bottom