Seats - What other options are there?

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
nothing as yet :( never heard back from the guy. i know a few lancer guys who are always searching for fto parts, they're keepin an eye out for me too

Rosco

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ross
Drive
96 Legnum vr4 Triptronic
I looked on epcdata.ru for the legnum and the fto, the seat rails seem to have the same numbers.....

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Just checked ASA, FTO seat rails have a different part number to VR4 ones :( I cant imagine they would be too hard to mod though.

ASA Seat rails..jpg

VR4 seat rails are the first three and FTO are the last three.

I called the wreckers around Darwin but no one has an FTO :mad:

Rosco

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ross
Drive
96 Legnum vr4 Triptronic
Im still fairly certain the parts are interchangeable, if not looking at the runners for both they share the same part numbers 76504x where x is a letter ( assuming varient). If you look at the rails pictures they look the same except the mounting tabs are in different directions and may need to be bent to fit.

Legnum seats - bottom two ( height adjustable) are non-recaro, although the recaros seem to sit on the same rails too FTO seats

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Hmmm, Im hoping all you will need to do is slide the bottoms off the seat rails and slide the VR4 ones on. That would be too easy :p

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
I found a set of FTO seats in reasonable condition for $23 but by the time they get here they will end up costing nearly $650 :( Hahaha. Stupid shipping charges.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Yeah, sounds good. Why would I only want to spend ~$600 on a set of FTO seats and a leather retrim when I could spend ~$3000+ on a pair of brides with rails and a leather retrim.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
*Frides, is what i think you mean

fake or not, they're not ADR approved which is a big thing for some, even though the genuines are top notch.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
im also keeping an eye out for M21 proton recaros. they're 'old school' design recaros, but are two peice design

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Nice, they look pretty decent. I put a WTB up on FTO Aus so I'll see if anyone gets back to me.

Abusive

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 Legnum
If their not ADR approved don't even consider them, unless of course you like the idea of the added weight of the upper section of the seat against your chest where the seatbelt is holding you back breaking basically every rib you have. This of course may not happen, but it's not worth being the one who finds out.

Rosco

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ross
Drive
96 Legnum vr4 Triptronic
I just want mitsu seats in it, recaros or fto's i dont care. Im not gonna track it but i spend hours in it a week so i should be happy with it.

And the less $$ i have to spend the better

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
If their not ADR approved don't even consider them, unless of course you like the idea of the added weight of the upper section of the seat against your chest where the seatbelt is holding you back breaking basically every rib you have. This of course may not happen, but it's not worth being the one who finds out.

Bullshit. Have you actually had a good look at them? I have a genuine Zeta II and a fake Zeta III. Both fixed back seats, same size etc. The only difference I could feel was that the fake was stronger and didn't flex. The genuine one has flex in it. Both are made from the same materials.

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Mine's got Recaro Raptors out of an Evo VI, looks like the rails have been modified/moved or swapped though. You could probably get some from an Evo driver who's upgraded to some fancy seats, they are quite comfortable and very sturdy. Got the lumbar support thingy-doodie as well.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
Mine's got Recaro Raptors out of an Evo VI, looks like the rails have been modified/moved or swapped though. You could probably get some from an Evo driver who's upgraded to some fancy seats, they are quite comfortable and very sturdy. Got the lumbar support thingy-doodie as well.

tom, i think they're factory VR4 recaro rails...hard to find with a recaro already attached

Top Bottom