service day

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
Hey guys, just seeing if anyone is keen for a service day at all.
Like other states, more experienced people could help with swapping spark plugs, o2 sensors, pulling boost restrictors etc etc.

The major one i was thinking was for a bulk AYC service session. Mine is screeching a bit after the workout at the skidpan and im sure there are lots others out there in need of the 10,000km service. In particular if someone had evoscan or soemthing to help everyone out. Would save everyone a fair bit of cash.

Anyone interested, got a suitable venue, want to help me service my ayc? :p

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
hahaha shhhh it wasnt that loud!

i need her all primed and ready to go for winter/farm trips

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
ok i really want to get my ayc service going so im going to have one last attempt to get other people in. new technique :p

lachlan-fresh import, you should change all fluids for peace of mind
matt-with the way your launching with the new clutch i know your worried about diff strength, may as well service it to get it all good
madhav-sooo much power, youd want all fluids new yes?
tomtom-we can drink beer while doing it

ahhh and to whoever else, im forgetting who else has type s/v - when was the last time it was done?

hehe hope this way gets a few more people going :) otherwise il get it done at the same time as clutch install, just thought some other people may want to benefit from a learning experience too

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
Hmm, I actually have to service mine too (no noises but its due)... but I'm still in for 1 or 2 beer in between haha

If I remember correctly, Trevor (silicon angel) built an "AYC fluid change machine"... maybe we can get hold off him & his incredible machine :D

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
yeh sounds good. i think i read somewhere that you can activate the pump with evoscan? does anyone have it? otherwise definitely keen to contact trevor and borrow his

G

Unregistered
I'm more than happy to give a helping hand if needed. :)

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
you cant help us type v boy.

nah just playing sounds good, ive pm'd trev asking if we can borrow his ayc fluid changing machine cause i cant do electrics. im sure between the rest of us we can tackle most general servicing problems from there if anyone new to vr4's wants some help

bj82

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brad
Drive
99 SII Legnum VR4
After seeing the success of this thread i'm thinking of starting a 'lets do my gardening' day :) hahaha.

I should really service mine but i can't do it any time soon but maybe next time i can tag along. I'm a bit of a stranger really....... well in terms of i don't really know anyone on here.

Seriously though who wants to do my gardening?

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
haha to get them to do anything it seems you have to get their weak points (toms is beer).

dw mate dont be a stranger were all alright haha

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
I'd be up for it, but my plan was to ditch the ayc alltogether. I have a type v diff, still waiting for Brad to send it, once it arrives my ayc diff is up for sale. In the mean time I'm happy to just meet up.

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
sounds good. does anyone have a big driveway? or are we going to have to do the jap thing and meet at a big carpark. any date preferences?

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
now that were back up and running, bump

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
All my fluids bar AYC have been changed during compliance :) So I'd love to do an AYC flush if possible, even if "type-v boy" wants to come, hehe!

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
Keen for jap spec servicing in a carpark. lol. Maybe someone can figure out what the f**k is wrong with my AYC while we are there.

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
I'm in... did someone contact SiliconAngel about his machine?

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
I built one myself, tried it on my system found out my pressure switch is gone :(

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
thatd be awesome if ewe could use yours. i contected trevor via pm but havent heard back. so we have people definitely in? otherwise i was gonna get allstar to do it when my clutch is done

ALSHWNOGO

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kellie
Drive
Vauxhall VXR Monaro Turbo
Is there anyone in WA that can service AYC? I don't think mines been done since it landed 2 years/10,000km ago. Or how involved is it?

Top Bottom