service day

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
read the guides section. trevor has written one up.

ive been quoted $230 to have fluids flushed (gearbox, transfer case, rear diff and ayc fluids) which seems mighty tempting so this would have to happen soonish to talk me out of it...

ALSHWNOGO

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kellie
Drive
Vauxhall VXR Monaro Turbo
$230 is good... I know if you brought it to my work you'd probably triple that price. Everything was done 200km/6months ago when I took it off the road... Think its due again

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Hey Dan, who was the $230 quote from? I think my bro got quoted $300 from Elfe, but not sure exactly what that covered.

Happy for you guys to borrow my switch box, as long as you don't wreck it LOL. Someone will have to organise to pick it up or otherwise get it off me, though - as much as I'd love to come to a workshop day I can't see myself having half a day free in the next six months... :(

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
Wow $230 is good, im pretty sure when i got all mine done it was $350 but that was from paceway mitsubishi.

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
WHy so much Matt? I was quoted $175/$180 to get my AYC fluids flushed From Paceway Mitsubishi in Osborne Park. Maybe it was a trade price but man didn't realise how good it was! :D

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Negatory, $350 was for ayc/rear diff/transfer case/gearbox fluids. Just ayc was around what you've been quoted i believe.

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
that quote was from allstar. but theyll have the car on the hoist while theyre doing the clutch. so was quoted 1k for clutch fitted, flywheel skimmed and all above fluids changed

edit: original quote for just clutch was 770, thats where the 230 is coming from. im not sure what theyd quote for just fluids

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Lol they would have been loving you walking in after the dramas they had with my car lol. Hope yours is more straight forward and you dont get any surprises like i did.

guppy

Crunching Gears
First Name
Craig
Drive
2001 Nissan Skyline GTR V-SpecII, 1971 Datsun 1600
i'd be up for a service day. I need to flush my auto transmission. has anyone here ever done it themselves? i've always had manual cars up til now.
i also need to replace my ayc pump. i've got a spare pump, and i made up a control box to operate the switches etc, but i've never tested it.
i reckon if we get 4 or 5 of us together we should be able to do whatever needs doing to anyone's car (within reason) in a day.

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
To flush the transmission is quite easy, make sure you have 10l of the Mitsu transmission oil!

So is our service day happening or not?

guppy

Crunching Gears
First Name
Craig
Drive
2001 Nissan Skyline GTR V-SpecII, 1971 Datsun 1600
well i'll be doing a transmission flush on mine in the next month or so anyway. so we can have the service day at my place (i'm in vic park). i've only got a single car garage though so not heaps of room, but shouldn't be a problem.

if i don't hear anything back i'll post up when i'm doing my transmission flush and whoever turns up, turns up.

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
i couldnt go past the offer of doing all my fluids at the same time as clutch so my car is booked in for tues week.

im still keen to come lend a helping hand and learn how to do ayc myself if others are doing it, might swap an ecu over at the same time

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
Elfi doesnt know how to do the AYC......actually he fucked mine when he serviced it last and it wasnt until i provided the guide from off here that he realised, and he dont have the tools to service it properly had to borrow my lil box i made up

Hey Dan, who was the $230 quote from? I think my bro got quoted $300 from Elfe, but not sure exactly what that covered.

Happy for you guys to borrow my switch box, as long as you don't wreck it LOL. Someone will have to organise to pick it up or otherwise get it off me, though - as much as I'd love to come to a workshop day I can't see myself having half a day free in the next six months... :(

Top Bottom