Standard double din to MMCS swap

G

Unregistered
hey i'm new to all this mmcs stuff and what the problem is with going double din, can someone please post pics and explaing it all to me before i go and buy a leggy wily nilly

G

Unregistered
Sam nothing to worry about here mate ... just comeback if u Get MMCS (a factory option that is a touch screen Aircon, Radio, TV screen)
Not too many cars had MMCS anyway.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Sorry to bring this back from the dead but... I was looking at a legnum and it happens to have MMCS, I'm not a real big fan and i did want to go with a legnum that had the standard double din setup. So, my question is, has anyone one done the MMCS to double din conversion? is it a matter of getting the panels and just unplugging the MMCS and pluging in the climate control and your own headunit or is there major rewiring to be done?

Cheers guys

G

Unregistered
Sorry to bring this back from the dead but... I was looking at a legnum and it happens to have MMCS, I'm not a real big fan and i did want to go with a legnum that had the standard double din setup. So, my question is, has anyone one done the MMCS to double din conversion? is it a matter of getting the panels and just unplugging the MMCS and pluging in the climate control and your own headunit or is there major rewiring to be done?

From what I understand, you might have to get the panels as well as the standard air conditioning unit, as the MMCS is intergrated.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Is that it though? Will the standard climate control 'plug and play'?

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
but please also post your findings here - as im interested in if it does just plug in or not, or how much rewiring would be required :D

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
dickytim said:
you need the double din type centre console with the air con controls, and then it is just plug and play, fairly easy really. Just 2 connectors at the back to control the air con and a black or clear hose for the temparature sensor.

Hope that helps.

Info for people interested, Sounds pretty straight forward to me.

Top Bottom