Subaru legacy :S :S

G

Unregistered
hi all !
whats the general view on these, the 2.0 twin turbo gt to be precise, subarus alterntive to the legnum perhaps?
are these good cars and as fast as they sound (280bhp)? or do think they are best left alone.

Attachments

• 6285_1.jpg
    6285_1.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 45

Johny

Crunching Gears
First Name
Johny
Drive
1998 Galant 24 viento
expensive to run expensive to repair
i wouldnt call it much of an alternative haha

nice looking cars though i really wish i had brought the one i was after when i had the opportunity although i doubt it would still be going lol

edit: also ascending turbos so plenty of boost lag for the whole family :)

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
VR4 handles better, quicker to 100, less fuel consumption and look a whole lot better.

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
I like them for their pure jdm-ness, but that front end looks ugly.
And like mentioned before - the VR-4 handles better, looks nicer, and quicker off the mark.

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
It may ne be a Liberty GT but close. I drove my brother-in-law's B4 many times and to compare, there is no where near as good as VR4. I am not bias but this is my personal findings and opinion.

Since I got my car, it always seems my brother in law gets the same performace parts I installed on my car like BOV, Intercooler, Boost Control, Brembos even my farking alarm!!! LOL

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Was talking to one of the reps from the Suby dealership and he did not have nice things to say about Suby sequential turbo setups. Apparently the B4's were getting bought in regularly because owners thought they were stuffed because of the hole in response when turbos are switching over. He had to break the news to many owners that the cars were just badly designed, and they had to live with the fault (apparently the sequential Supra's has the same problem).
The Legacys look like a regular wagon, not anything sporty or sleek about them and they just look way to run of the mill. Give me a Forester XT on the other hand and i'll be a happy man, good cars that go pretty damn well.

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Dropped with some decent rims the new ones look nice i reckon. And if you've been in one with any mods you'll see that they are damn easy to fish out some more power, and have a sweet, responsive, flexible engine. The older foresters were lighter but looked a damn sight worse than the newer ones imo. Anyways, I love my Leggy and wouldn't sell it for a forester but I still think they are good cars.

Johny

Crunching Gears
First Name
Johny
Drive
1998 Galant 24 viento
back when my hillman was still going i had a black 1994 manual gt legacy with 104,000 km on it lined up for 3 grand but my dad wouldnt guarantor me on it lol

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
I test drove both in Japan many years ago before I bought my Galant. Loved the interior of the Suby, but the lack of midrange was ridiculous. Galant is 100 times more driveable.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Might want to check this movie out:

[URL="
wagonbattle_jalop.jpg

The VR4 does suffer a fault in the AYC in the race at the end, but that could be from mistreatment by the previous owner (for some reason the Japanese don't like changing the oil in their cars!?). You can see that the standard Series 1 VR4 with stocker suspension totally outclasses the top line Subi with Bilstein suspension upgrades. It even overtakes it on the outside of a corner!

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Some of the 4th gen foresters look hot as.. big chunky tall dropped wagons haha..

the 4th gen Liberty is my fav style aswell, might be biased since i had one pre-galant.. but yeah they were kinda sluggish..

i dont know what is with the performance with subaru.. but it seems that some of their vehicles just seem very sluggish incomparison to other cars out there that could be classed along similar lines..

the 2.0T could have potentially had more power, the 2.5T is slightly better but still seems to lack it..

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Might want to check this movie out:

[URL="
wagonbattle_jalop.jpg

The VR4 does suffer a fault in the AYC in the race at the end, but that could be from mistreatment by the previous owner (for some reason the Japanese don't like changing the oil in their cars!?). You can see that the standard Series 1 VR4 with stocker suspension totally outclasses the top line Subi with Bilstein suspension upgrades. It even overtakes it on the outside of a corner!

I love that vid!!:bigsmile:

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
It's a great one :) I wish they did a comparo with a stock Stagea at the same time.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I like modified Foresters!

Having ridden in a B4 Legacy I can safely say I hate them. The hole between the turbos is stupid, and the one I rode in (a low km, very clean example) did this lovely party trick where the rear diff thumped into the floor on a hard 2nd-3rd shift. Classy.

I do really like the shape of the current generation ones though.

JRVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 galant type V manual
Vid cuts out halfway through for me!!! 4th gen foresters with airbag suspension and nice wheels look hot, i dont care what anyone says.

Top Bottom