Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Tim
Drive
1998 Legnum Type-S VR4
2004 Ford Territory 4 sp Dual fuel
2006 Ford Territory 6 sp Dual fuel
Just get another dipstick, you need one? I have a few spare.
Also
https://www.ozvr4.com/threads/checking-automatic-transmission-fluid-level-atf.8376/
I've got one on the way since I bought the car ;_;
I'm at a mate's place using his flat concrete to do the CV and I measured I lost about 3L from the CV so I've put just under 3L back in and taken it around the block but nervous to drive 40 mins home with possible incorrect fluid levels.
If anyone could help with the measurement so I can jerry rig a rough dipstick so I can safely drive home that would be awesome haha
Would I be better on the side of too much or too little?

Blackbandt

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Alex
Drive
Legnum VR4 Typ S
I have a question

I have a legnum with following transmission W5A51-3-EZB and gear damage. Now I have a gearbox with the following transmission code W5A51-3-E6B. The E6B transmission has one more sensor. Do I have to take over control unit and wiring harness if I want to install the E6B transmission? Or is it enough to exchange the control unit and gearbox?

Blackbandt

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Alex
Drive
Legnum VR4 Typ S
Does one know if an E6B automatic transmission in a Legnum can build where an ECB gearbox Original was installed? Or do I have to install the harness from the Legnum with the E6B gearbox into the Legnum with the ECB transmission?

Kilian Hensel

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Kilian
Drive
Legnum VR4 1997
Nearly same Question here: Can I build an W5A513 E6A Transmission in, where an E6B Transmission was installed?
Is there a big difference between those?

mgd4

Idling at the Lights
First Name
E
Drive
Galant VR4, Pajero W etc.
Hello Kilian and Alex

Hope you're getting somewhere on your issues. As far as I have understood it:

1. the EZB have a different solution for speed sensor compared to E6A and E6B. So, if you have EZB gearbox, make sure you get an EZB box as replacement.
2. As for E6A replacing an E6B - that's a good question. I am not sure on this one.

Alex - if you need an EZB-gearbox, there is one for sale in Sweden. Let me know if you need the link.

Personally, I am looking for an E6B with the TCU (control box) to replace my current E6B which seems busted.

Kindly,
MGD4

Top Bottom