The Intercooler Thread

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
Yeah it might save things if you have very light nudges but even with it cut a little probably would do the same either way. for me it just seems nicer to cut the impact bar a little rather than beating other bits, but yeah each to their own preference.

Cheers.

douwboy

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Joshua
Drive
2000 Legnum pearl white, manual, sunroof
I ordered this cooler a while back as suggested to replace my damaged one.
Turned up yesterday, looking forward to fitting it up tomorrow and getting some boost back!!
Man it's sucked leaking boost onto the pavement...not to mention noisy as hell!

Can you please let me know how it was put in? seeing as ive bought the same one. Pretty please with sugar ontop.

douwboy

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Joshua
Drive
2000 Legnum pearl white, manual, sunroof
Has anyone noticed that the hdi GT2 intercooler kits on ebay are now 790 X 80 X 280. Hmmm wonder how this will fit if its a kit made for our cars.

noony

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Paul
Drive
Black 99 FL
Put it in today...took longer than I would have liked...but mainly because I was missing my drill bits and also had to buy another straight reducer as my previous cooler already had hard piping. This involved a LONG ASS WALK! To supercheap ;-)

Went with the beat the centre bar option instead of cutting the reo...mainly cause it seemed easier.

I used the HDI brackets but I drilled a hole each a lot closer to the angle to put the cooler further back out of the reo bars way.
Pretty straight forward really.

Oh yea, the kit was missing the nuts. So I had to get some while on my wall about.

casuarina26

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Phil
Drive
2010 Skoda Octavia vRS 125TDI, 02 Hyundai Elantra
Galant was been Sold
Just thought I would share you my new intercooler, I bought a HDI GT2 off ebay, size is 600x300x80, I already had hard piping already fitted so I had to make it fit with out making to many modifications to the existing pipe work, I did however had to cut the crash bar,it has made a big difference, car feels smoother & better fuel consumption, here are some pics of the intercooler & the install

Cheers Phil

2012-04-26 17.52.48.jpg

2012-04-26 17.52.13.jpg

2012-04-26 17.50.17.jpg

2012-06-27 12.36.41.jpg

2012-06-27 12.36.10.jpg

2012-06-28 14.10.36.jpg

2012-06-28 13.35.05.jpg

2012-06-28 13.36.08.jpg

Interloper

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2000 Legnum S Man, NX Paj, CBR1000RRSP2, CRF450
shiney! weren't tempted to move the ps cooler?

ttgvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
steve
Drive
02 vr4 galant, 92 vr4, 85 starion
Really need to know how much for hard piping on upper section all lower section done! Just a average price please guys cheers

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
A few hundred dollars probably mate, its hard to say exactly, your best bet would be to ring some exhaust places or performance places around where you live.

ttgvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
steve
Drive
Called a couple but when you say GALANT they freak out:/ seem to understand LEGNUM better:p just hoping nothing more then $400 as it's getting done as we speak and asked price but still no answer as usual:/ cheers MACCA

chocco

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Christian
Drive
1999 FL Galant VR4 with MMCS
It all depends on the quality and the materials they use mate.

I mean any1 can say they can weld and cut but will it do the job?

Find a quality workshop and ask the question in person and actually show them
instead of trying to describe it over the phone would be the best bet.

ttgvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
steve
Drive
Price came to $520 good job but was hoping around $400:/ he ran both vac lines to the manifold near the throttle body, is that ok?

ttgvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
steve
Drive
When I can I will post up some pics, only thing is I don't have the 2 vac ports on the IC piping off the throttle body instead he has run the fuel vac into the MBC and boost into the manifold were my boost gauge is going into, this ok????

Akys

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alvin
Drive
1996 Trigger Mauve Galant VR4
Has anyone here bolted evo intercooler. Got myself an evo 9 cooler . how big is the job? need any cutting? Pics?

got told evo 8 and above cooler ain't that good, one reason is the 45 degree inlet/outlet. But i read somewhere that the angle helps to distribute air in the intercooler? what do you guys thing? Was told by an evo expert. Hmmm...and also got told its a pain to put it in.

evo-gsr

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Jamo
Drive
Legnum And Evo
Im sure I have seen your question answered in another thread somewhere...either way its quite a simple job if you are handy on the tools.
Here's my Legnum with 8MR cooler on it. Pffft Evo expert!! I noticed increased boost level just from changing to this cooler straight away...

2012-06-09201651.jpg

2012-06-10142211.jpg

Top Bottom