The Intercooler Thread

G

Unregistered
All Evo coolers are great coolers, the CT9A coolers are supposed to be the best, I have seen 350+ awkw Evo's on standard units. My 7 is pushing around 225awkw and temps are still very very low and the cooler still has a lot of room to move regarding more power.

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
All Evo coolers are great coolers, the CT9A coolers are supposed to be the best, I have seen 350+ awkw Evo's on standard units. My 7 is pushing around 225awkw and temps are still very very low and the cooler still has a lot of room to move regarding more power.

good to know... ive been looking for an evo cooler to swap out in my leggy, was was unsure if there was much if any improvement..

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
I eventually moved away from my Evo 6 cooler to a HDi, would never go back but it's an ok upgrade from stock if your amongst the budget conscious of us.

G

Unregistered
Why did you change AKKO? Surely you hadn't maxed it out on a VR4?

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
COP & replacement cooler gained me >20kW.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Wouldn't the max output of a cooler have more to do with the car its fitted to rather than the cooler itself?
Just because an evo cooler can achieve 350+kw does not necessarily make it the best cooler to use even at vr4 power levels.

G

Unregistered
I suppose it does have something to do with the cars, but A good cooler that can achieve excellent efficiency while remaining small and light without reducing response is a pretty big bonus. I can't see how it could handle 350kw on an evo and not 175-200kw on a Legnum. I admit I am no expert though.

The GTR coolers are another good example, they go good on anything, I have seem them on RB's, SR's, V8 Turbos you name it.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Compare the turbo on an Evo to our TD03s. There's your answer ;)

Munted Man

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Daniel
Drive
97 Legnum
So I just took delivery of the HDI GT2. is there anyway of not cutting the reinforcement bar when installing?

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
Yeah use the guide on here

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
I haven't seen one yet that you need to cut the bar for....

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
not saying you don't have to bend stuff though :) still bending lightweight parts> cutting impact bars

shanzy

Idling at the Lights
First Name
shanzy
Drive
1997 legnum super vr-4
Hey guys mate has offerd me his old intercooler which is 600x230x76.. does not have piping or brackets. Ive looked on ebay all the piping kits don't include brackets where or how could I get some? Im in perth

VR4legnum98

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Horacio
Drive
VR4 legnum
Hi Guys.... I'm new on the forum and I must say this thread is helpful and very interesting .... I bought my intercooler of a friend
and by what I hear here I'm going to have a challenge on my hands .
My IC messures at 645 x 235 x 90 core overall is 820 with 2.5 in/outlet pipes .
will post up some pics but I think I have to buy a second inpact bar to modify. so let see how we go.

I paid $300.00 and it came with all the pipes that I'm going to cut and twist into location and it all so had a TURBO XS blow off valve still attacked , all the silicon hoses and clamps are also there .

G

Unregistered
anyone know the sizing for the silicon hoses that go onto the hdi gt2 kits at all, i want to replace my blue ones with black ones for a stealth look but want to have them ready for when i take my front bar off

Top Bottom